ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 56

𝕽emus hid his smile in his book as he tried to read in the summer sun, though was failing absolutely miserably when his girlfriend was around

𝕽emus hid his smile in his book as he tried to read in the summer sun, though was failing absolutely miserably when his girlfriend was around. Everyone had taken to be outside at the Potter manor for the pleasant weather, doing their own thing, he was sat besides Monty on some chairs with a table in between them, the older wizard reaching the daily prophet newspaper and answering the crossword. Peter was sunbathing on the grass, sprawled out in the middle of the garden, whilst James and Sirius played fighting, tackling each other to see who could pin the other on the ground the quickest and longest.

Then there was Mia and his Willow. It had been a few days since her birthday and to say she was still living, breathing the aftermath of her happiness— especially getting to see Regulus and Scarlette for the night, she was still on a cloud. He loves that she's happy, it always makes his relieved, especially with what she's gone through this year alone getting to know them. They wanted to make her birthday special considering it's in the summer holidays, and they're all glad they didn't disappoint her, they couldn't get enough of her gratitude and appreciation apparently.

He glances up from his book again when he heard her angelic laugh, warmth blooming in his chest like growing wildflowers, intertwining with his heart and insides. She's on her knees in front of the flower beds, her pearly locks weaved back into a french braid, with loose strands framing her face, a black ribbon securing the tie. She's helping Mia re pot her flowers, and also chatting to her animatedly about all the different bulbs and types of flowers he doesn't understand or know about. He doesn't mind though, he'd try to understand when she tells him about them, but the only flower on his mind is buttercups. They're easy to spot, and they're pretty.

Month peered to the side of him, pouring some more coffee into his cup, flickering eyes up to the mousy haired boy utterly mesmerised by the girl a little way away, the sun reflecting perfectly off her glowing skin, kissing it in the softest way. He chuckles, piping up mischievously,

"How's the reading going, Remus?"

"Don't mock me Monty i've read......two chapters. Only two?! I swear i've read more— no, this book has longer chapters, that's what it is, nope....yeah okay i've been looking at Willow" He gave in eventually with a light chuckle, the older Potter nodding his head in agreement, shifting his gaze to his wife and the girl, feeling rather joyous she has a girl to talk to after only being around boys since James was born.

"I'm sorry, son, if anything happened between the two of you, I think she'll keep Willow" He spoke amusedly from the sight of the older witch squeezing her hand with a soft smile, Remus fighting the twitch in his lips from the comment. He could probably be a little irritated by the point, but he couldn't bring himself to be, not when he knows that just makes it clear how much Mia, his second mum, loves his girl.

"That's okay, i'm pretty sure i'll never let go of her" He muttered, leaning back in his seat, feeling his cheeks warm considerably when his heart beat quickly in his chest. She asked for forever, and he was going to give it her, he could never let go of this girl who had captivated his soul like no other. His heart is so full of her, he can hardly call it his own now, which is why he acts selfish— he knows his lycanthropy could interfere with their relationship at stages, but he likes to think they'll get through the rough times together.