Binded By Fate

"Good morning, my kitty!" Abbah placed a kiss on her forehead and sits on the chair beside her beside. Sometimes he felt that whenever he does that, his daughter smiles at him. "It morning again, Noorie! There's also a cool breeze outside."

Brushing all the unpleasant thought rushing in his head, abbah begins with their usual early morning routine. He will come to Noor every morning after fajr salah. He would tell her how his night went by and how she's in his dreams. He's also describe how the morning sunlight is coming up.

Abbah knew his daughter could him hear him and it doesn't matter what anyone said. He will talk to his daughter and tell her stories that he will sadly laugh at,  alone. He would read the six Qur'anic aayat-ash- shifa (the six verses of healing) and blew all over her body. He will then proceed to reading the holy book for her.

Noor have always fancy hearing him recite the qur'an in warsh tune. "It's beautiful, May Allah accept it from you." She'll always said whenever he happened to read in her presence. Even now abbah will imagine her saying the same in his head. He have never imagined her in such condition and everyday is a trial for him.

"My brave girl, you know you're my dream, so don't break your abbah's heart okay. You have rested well, Noorie. It's time to get up now." Abbah finally said after so long, all this while he will told them his daughter was resting as she's been so tired.

However, it'd been eight long months since Noor accident and being in comatose. Yet,  nothing about that have been easy for them all. They watch Noor slips through their hands day the day. There were few times that she'd shown reflexes. One time she shed times with her eyes close, but her doctor assured them it's nothing more than just that.

Though eight months is not so long to lose hope. "She'll wake up, In sha Allah." They will often pacify each other with that, though very deep down in their hearts they have an ounce of doubt that-that will ever happened.

While abbah and Isma'il became researcher on comatose, they found nothing more than what they've been told by the doctor. Though, gained more understanding of her condition.

Three months after Noor fell into coma. Abbah decided to bring her home. So currently, the guest room downstairs look like an Intensive care unit. With a hired nurse and her doctor always on call, Noorur-rahman never lack any proper care she could have if she were in the hospital. The doctors recommended that for them since abbah can afford more than that. And five months later, nothing much has changed other than her wound that has healed.

On the other hand, Maman Naana have finally realised how precious her child is.  She come to Abuja after every two weeks and will spent a whole week taking care of her child before returning to her family. The bitterness between the two parent have been put aside for the seek of their daughter.

Though, abbah is much more affected by the whole situation, after all Noor is his only child and he have know her all her life. Therefore, her condition has taken a very big part of his heart, she's pride and joy, everything was to put a smile on her face, but now she can't even move a finger.

"It had been months, Isma'il." Abbah would said.

"She's going to wake up. You will see, she'll wake up and continue her life from where it stopped." Isma'il would assured him and just like that, their hopes becomes each others strength.

The day will roll in and out like that with Noorur-rahman laying there with her loved ones keeping her company. It have also becomes a routine for Isma'il, he spends all his evening in that room. Nowadays, he does nothing other being there for Noor, he have practically caught up all his social life.

Aunt Jamila is now used to their new normal. No one sits at the table for food anymore. Abbah and Isma'il with rather eat in their rooms. Both of them don't have the heart to sit on the table without Noor. She knew Noorur-rahman is a very big part of the family. However, she have only realised  that Noor is the most important part of the family. She's what makes it a home for them all. Her almost invisible smile have always been clear to them. And her absent is being grieves.