CHAPTER-4 RETURNING TO THE ROOTS

Percy Jackson was shocked when he was framed for being a traitor. More than that, he was hurt to the core that he was labeled a coward. That really ticked him off and had to snap at Athena and Artemis before dying.

When he felt his soul leave his body, Hermes immediately escorted him to Charon's boat. Hermes forced Charon to immediately ferry him across the Styx. On the other side, he never expected Hades to be waiting for him. He never expected to meet Chaos and have a second chance in life.

He never realized how sad his father was. He was very happy for Poseidon for standing up for him. He was grateful for providing him with a second chance.

Even after five thousand chaos years, which is equivalent to five years on earth, he is grateful to Poseidon. Even after changing from the Percy to a battle-hardened and powerful Anagennissi, even after rising through the ranks from a foot soldier to the First in Command, in record time, he still remembers his past. Because he knew, that something was amiss and that all was not lost.

He was in the armory, with his trusted blade Riptide, slashing through the highly-advanced robotic dummies. They were no match to him now. Only Primordials can sustain a fight against him. His water powers have increased so much that he could easily compete with Hydros.

"Genesis! Chaos wants to see you.", Iytrosi, said. He was his second in command. And they had a history.

"Luke! How many times do I have to tell you? It is Anagennissi. Not Genesis. And you have the right to call me Percy. I am not running away from the past and I am certainly never going to forget it.", Percy reiterated.

"How can you still cling onto your former identity?", Luke asked.

"Because even though I died, my loyalty never died. I still have people who I love and care about, even though the majority have villainized me, I am still loved by them. And you should not run away from history too.", Percy said philosophically.

"Geez! Athena is less philosophical than you.", Luke exclaimed and Percy chuckled.

"Let's go. We can't keep Chaos waiting.", Percy said and flashed into Chaos's room. Inside the room were his other friends, Jason a.k.a Fulgur, Beckendorf a.k.a Chalkeio, Bianca a.k.a Skotadi, Zoe a.k.a Kynigos, Michael Yew a.k.a Velos and Siena a.k.a Omorfia. They all joined before Percy did. And when Percy saw them for the first time, he broke down in happiness. Let's just say that Chaos's throne room got flooded.

"Chaos. You wanted to see us?", Percy asked.

"Percy. It is time. Olympus is in disarray. They need your help. But..."

"But what?"

"Here is the thing, Percy. They are very prideful and do not want any help, even though they require it. Tartarus and Ouranos have joined hands and they have ambushed Olympus. They are losing badly. Many demigods have died. I am sending you and Luke there so that you can help them. You may or may not reveal who you are.

" We will Chaos. But what can we do if they don't want our help?", Luke asked.

"They are like my great-grandchildren. And like any great-grandchild, they are stubborn and unless they are shown what is good, they will not change. You must show them that your help is necessary for them to win.", Chaos explained.

"Wait. Ouranos and Tartarus are your children. Can't you control them?", Bianca asked and Chaos sighed.

"Not every child listens to their parents, Percy. The other primordials have agreed to be neutral. They will help neither side, just like any primordial should do. But Ouranos and Tartarus were always rebellious. I had to use the whip many times to keep them in place. And now with many other universes under my control, it is difficult for me to focus on one.", Chaos explained.