5

*(I know this song is supposed to be played with Mr. Silver and Jim as it's Jim's story on how he grew up to be without a father, but I still think it's a nice sentiment to play when he's spending time with (Y/n) as well!*

*(Y/n)'s POV*

It was getting a little late now on deck, and Jim was still mopping the floors. "Listen, James." I spoke up and he didn't look at me.

"Jim." He corrected me, dully. I watched as Morph transform into a tinier mop and he was giggling.

"I'm sorry about earlier." I said. "I wasn't really mad."

"Then what was that all about?" he asked me. "You had me think you were actually furious."

"I was at first." I admitted. "I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea."

"What wrong idea?" He asked. Jim stopped mopping up the deck and he wiped his forehead from the sweat.

Morph transformed back to normal and he burped out suds, and we giggled.

"About me and you." I said, tossing a purp around.

"Well, this has been a fun day, huh?" Jim asked sarcastically. He sounded so ticked off, that his smile confused me. "Making new friends, like that spider psycho."

"Spider psycho, spider psycho." Morph transformed into Scroop just then.

"And the cabin girl?" Jim said, looking at me.

Morph transformed into me, and started to say a few words. "Cabin girl, cabin girl."

"Heh, a little uglier, Morph." Jim snickered and I gaped at him.

Morph's face twisted to a goofier looking face of me, and he pretended to shout words I didn't understand. "Pretty close." Jim said in approval.

"Hey-!" I argued, and then Dad showed up.

"Well," Dad said. "Thank heavens for little miracles." He was walking up with a bowl of the stew he had made from earlier, and tossed the remains out into the sea. "Only up here for an hour and the deck's still in one piece."

"Um..." Jim started to say, he was still mopping, and moping. "Look, guys, I...What you both did...thanks." I looked at him from the side deck and had my arms crossed.

"Didn't your pop ever teach you to pick your fights a bit more carefully?" Dad asked, and Jim looked away sadly. I shook my head at Dad and swiped my hand at my neck to get him to stop talking.

"Your father's not the teaching sort?" I asked instead. Dad was sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

"No," Jim said, softly, looking at away from me. "No, he was more the taking off and never coming back sort, (Y/n)."

"Oh," Dad said, walking over to us. "Sorry, lad."

"Hey, no big deal." Jim said, putting on a brave smile. "I'm doing just fine."

He leaned over the side deck and frowned. "Is that so?" Dad looked at me and grinned. "Well, since the captain has put you in my charge, like it or not, I'll be pounding a few skills into that thick head of yours to keep you out of trouble." He pointed at Jim's forehead a couple times. "Just how I've taught (Y/n) when she was a youngin'!"

"Dad..." I complained, rolling my eyes.

"What?" Jim asked, swiping Dad away.

"From now on, I'm not letting you two out of me sight." Dad said. "That's right, I'm going to make sure you don't advance onto my daughter!"