Chapter 9

Time Skip (3 days later)

"Lucas, your phone is ringing"

"I know, but I don't want to disturb our time together"

"It could be important"

"Fine"

Lucas picks up his phone and answers it.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Hi, this is the manager from Angel Orphanage. I wanted to let you know that you have been allowed to adopt the girl. Her father doesn't want her anymore and he doesn't want you to go to him for money and other items. If that's a yes, then you need to come here today to sign the contract and pick up the girl. The girl's name is Atheia".

"I'll be there by 3 pm today. Is that fine".

"Yes, see you soon".

He Hangs up the call and tells Athanasia the news. She jumped up from his lap and started shrieking. After a couple of minutes, she called and told Lily the happy news.

"Lucas, when are we going to your house".

"let's go know. Bring your important documents you need to complete, and you could do it at home while I clean and renovate it. Is that fine".

"Yeah. Hold on a second. I need to close the building and dismiss all the employees".

"I'll take your stuff and wait in the car. Don't keep me waiting too long".

"Ok".

Lucas takes all the documents and goes to his car. Athanasia cleans up the office and adjusts the hidden cameras because she still doesn't trust all her workers because she had hired some new ones recently.

"Reporting all Employees, this is Athanasia, your boss. I have got some exclusive news. We will close early because today is a special day. You will still get paid your regular hours. So have fun and enjoy your day off. Thanks, and Goodbye".

"WOOOO, WE ALL GET THE REST OF THE DAY OFF".

Athanasia hears all the cheering and smiles. She locks her offices and heads to the basement where Lucas is waiting for her for the past 15 minutes.

"Sorry it took long".

"It's fine. We need to reach there in 10 minutes".

"OK. Do you know when the shooting will begin. It's been about a week, and I haven't heard when we'll begin".

"It begins in two months. The director gave the scripts so we could be familiar and memorize it."

They have been talking all the way to the Angel Orphanage. When they reach, they switch places and Lucas walks in with his Air pods in. The Manager comes out with the contract, and they are ready to sign it. 

A/N- Sorry for not updating. i got my laptop back recently and i really wasn't motivated so i just wrote until i could and stopped. This isn't really a long chapter but Chapter 10 will be long and more interesting. Thank you for reading and i hoped you enjoyed. Please give me ideas and feedback to where i could improve. I love adding your ideas to my story because  it'll become OUR story not MY story.