Chapter 5

Receptionist P.O.V.

'I have only one hour until my shifts over. I am so lucky I got a chance to meet Ms. Athanasia and get her signature. I see a shadow of a person standing outside and I check the time. It's 6:45pm and only 15 minutes till my shifts end.

The person walks in, and I recognize who it is. It the most famous lone wolf. It's Mr. Lucas.

"Hi, I am wondering about renting an apartment and I searched online saying this is one of the least expensive apartments. Do you have a place available"?

"Yes, we have room 328 available. Its rent is $300 a month. How does that sound?

"Huh, that little, you know what I would like to buy that place for a year in advance. Will that work".

"Yes, but you must sign a contract stating that we will not kick you out even if someone threatens us and that if you want to leave before your due date, we will not return the extra money. How does that sound"?

"That sounds perfect. I have a pen and my money. Can I sign that contract? Oh, I just realize that it takes time to write a contract".

"No, I can just print it because earlier today someone asked for the same thing".

Lucas signs the contract. And I ask for an autograph.

"Thank you so much for the autograph. Let me tell you something, if you go in the east elevator, room 327 will be right in front, your room is on the right of 327. If you need anything come down and let me know. Also, do you know Ms. Athanasia? You were talking a bit earlier and giving her something".

"No, but we met at the flea market, and I accidently bumped into her and wanted to say sorry. Doesn't she also live here too".

"Yes, she lives in room 327, right next to yours. I hope you get forgiven, but don't knock on her door right now because she is sleeping, and she told me to call her room at 5 am because she is a heavy sleeper, and she has an interview with a director tomorrow".

"Oh, what a coincident, I also have an interview with a director at 5am, so could you also call me. Here is my number. Please don't share it with anyone. Thanks, for all your help. I'll invite you over once I have set up my whole apartment".

"Thanks, have a good night. See you tomorrow".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Athanasia P.O.V.

My phone's ringing, at full volume.

"Hello"

"Hi Miss. This is the receptionist calling. It's 5o'clock. You told me to call you at this time to wake you up because you are a heavy sleeper. You have an interview today".

"Thank you so much, and you can call me Athanasia or Athy but don't call me miss because we are all equal.

"Ok, Athanasia. I hope you have a good interview today".

"Thanks, if I pass, I am taking you out to dinner".

"Ok, I'll be waiting. I am going to hang up because you need to get ready. I won't hold you up anymore. Get ready, I'm waiting for you downstairs".

"Ok".

I get up and start applying my make-up while listening to classical music. I have always loved classical music because it is always so soothing and peaceful. After one hour, my make-up is all ready, I have put on my dress, my mom's jewelry, my high heels, and I realized that I haven't bought a handbag to put all my things. I rush downstairs and ask if the receptionist has a white handbag I could borrow. She says she doesn't have a white handbag, but she has a black one. I look at her bag and realize that it still goes matching so I give her a hug and say thanks and rush all the way back to my room to put my stuff and lock the door and come downstairs. I see a black-haired man with ruby red eyes also coming on the elevator and realize he was the one to give my wallet back. I say, "Thanks for returning my wallet".

"Yeah, no problem. I would like to say sorry for bumping into you at the flea market yesterday".

"No problem, we all make mistakes. Where are you going? You are all dressed up. But I would say that a red tie would make you suit look good and more handsome".

"You're right. I have a change of ties in my car for emergency's. I am going to the star agency for an interview"

"Me too. But I don't have a ride. Do you know where a bus stop is"?

"You can come with me because we are going to the same place".

"Okay, but I'll pay $10 for gas".

"No, you don't have to".

"No, I insist". The elevator stops and we both walk at together.

"Ms. Athanasia and Mr. Lucas you both look stunning. Are you both a couple?

"Number one, I told you to call me athy or Athanasia. And number 2, we are not a couple, we came down together and realize we are going to the same building, so we are going there together".

"Okay, hope you break a leg Athy".

"Thanks, you might need to get ready for our dinner at 6pm today".

"Ok. Mr. Lucas, I also hope you do good at your interview. See you soon Athanasia".

"Ok, take care. And thanks for letting me borrow your bag. If you need anything, please let me know. I forgot to buy bags the other day because I was in a rush. I'll buy you a new one because I have a feeling, I might ruin this one".

"No, it's fine".

'Bye".

"Bye".

"Bye".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------