09

"We.. uh- We need to talk, dude."

Stan hated being serious. Stan hated arguing with people. Stan hated being mad at someone, and some egotistical therapist might tell him it was because he always felt like he was acting like his father when he was arguing with someone, and it was probably right. But it was probably because he hated being mad at Kyle, and he wasn't even mad at Kyle, he just had to be.

"About what?"

"About you ignoring me- ignoring us! Everyday now. It's like we're not friends anymore!"

Kyle looked upset. And it wasn't the type of "upset" he usually was when Cartman annoyed him. This was different. This was something Stan and Kenny couldn't make fun of.

".. I- I wasn't ignoring you.."

"You were!"

Kyle was shifting uncomfortably on his bed, unable to look Stan in the eye.

".. Maybe I was. It doesn't matter, Stan."

Stan looked more sad than angry now. Tears were building up in his eyes. Yup, another thing he hated about arguments. He cried, easily. It didn't matter if he was mad or sad, he'd cry.

"It does matter! We're best friends! Best friends don't---"

"That's the fucking problem, Stan."

".. What?"

Kyle wasn't looking around uncomfortably anymore, his eyes were centered on the ground.

"That's.. that's the thing."

Kyle was crying too. It took Stan every thing he had to stop himself from hugging him, and comforting him, and wiping his tears from his pretty eyes---

"That's the thing, Stan! I- I don't wanna be "friends".. you idiot."

"You.. You don't wanna be friends?" Stan scoffed as he looked at the ground too, "What? Do you hate me now?"

Fuck.
Of course he hated him.

"No! You idiot! The problem is the fact, I don't hate you!"

Kyle finally looked him in the eye. Stan, would've been glad, if he wasn't so conflicted right now.

Kyle wiped his tears using the sleeves of his shirt as he stood up,
"How fucking oblivious do you have to be, Stan?"

".. I--"

"The reason I didn't wanna pretend to date you is because I'd actually like to!"

"What--"

"Shut up! Okay?"

Kyle was crying, again.

"You.. want to date.. me?"

"If you keep being such an idiot, then no! I don't!"

"I won't be an idiot! I promise! I'll be a smart-ass intellectual!"

Kyle laughed, and Stan could swear he almost died after hearing that angelic laugh that almost muffled both of their tears.

"Pfft.. "

Stan grew inpatient, he figured he'd waited enough to do this. It was only fair. Yup, he probably should've kept to himself, but before he could even think about it. Stan leaned closer, and closer, until his hands were cupping the snickering boy's face.

"Stop laughing, Kyle!"

"I can't! You're so dumb!"

Stan grinned, this was probably the best outcome he could've ever hoped for when he set off to Kyle's house. Even if it was Kyle making fun of him.

"Stop!"

"Make me."

And so he did.
And honestly it was probably Kyle's fault for saying such a cliche line, like he was in a movie or something.
I mean, it was all Kyle's fault. He knew what he was getting into when he let Stan's hands cup his face, and he also knows what he's letting Stan do as he continued to kiss him more deeply and he didn't even try to stop him.

Hell, he leaned even closer, closer than Stan thought was humanely possible. Kyle smiling as his hand played with Stan's hair before kissing him once more. This startling Stan - it shows in the pink of his cheeks, the racing of his pulse that echos through Kyle’s hands lacing with his.
“U-Uhm.. Very cool, Kyle. ”

".. Very cool? Is that the best reply you could've thought of?"

".. Sorry, I'm a bit nervous."

Kyle smiled, and then Stan kissed him again. Because he'd always wanted to kiss Kyle whenever he smiled, for like, forever. And now he could, it was a blessing he could, a blessing he let him.

"Mm.. Don't be."

Stan grinned as he kissed him back, again, and again, as if they were stuck on loop, a lovely, wonderful, delightful, and other synonyms, loop.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you, Stan."

"I'm sorry for being mad at you."

"Apology accepted. Now kiss me again."

"Eager much, are you Kyle?"

"Shut up."

(Ps thank you residentcloroxdude for proof reading this I was so worried for this chapter thank you thank youjghdh)