Prologue🔥

GRAYSON'S POV

A knock on my front door breaks me out of my sleep. I rush to the door to stop the knocking before my parents wake up. When I open the door, there stands Alexie. The full 5'5, brown-haired, thin boy that had just yelled at me on the phone. Only now Alexie is drenched head to toe. The delicate curls now sticking to his forehead are what allow me to realise it's pouring with rain outside. He's draped in a yellow rain jacket that's too big and makes him look adorable.

"Come in quickly, you're going to get sick." I usher him inside.

He steps into my house as I close the door. I help him take off the coat covered in rain as he has his head facing down in an almost nervous way.

"Alexie, are you ok?" I ask carefully.

His body starts gently shaking with the force of his sudden crying. I quickly wrap my arms around him and shortly after he has his wrapped around my waist, grasping desperately. He cries into my chest while I rest my chin on top of his head. After a while the tears stop. I gently pull him away from me to look at him. He quickly wipes away his tears with the sleeves of his oversized jumper. My jumper, the jumper that I gave him the first time we kissed. After that kiss, he didn't speak to me for weeks, but now something's changed his mind.

"Come to my room Alexie, you need to lie down, ok?" I ask him.

He gently nods his head and I can't help but swoon at his overwhelming adorableness. I take his hand in my much bigger one and lead him upstairs. When we get to my room I sit him down on the end of my bed and crouch in front of him.

"What's wrong, Alexie?" I ask.

No answer.

"Can you please tell me if something happened?" I ask once more.

Again, no answer.

"Why did you call me yesterday for the first time in weeks to yell at me? Did I do something wrong?" I try one final time.

I see a pattern forming here. Alexie just sits there with his head down. I lift up his chin to look into his light blue eyes and long eyelashes, accentuated by his tears. His bottom lip is pulled into his mouth, gently being chewed on. My eyes linger on this action before I come to my senses again.

I sigh. "Can you please just nod to let me know that you're not physically hurt?"

He slowly nods. I feel a sense of relief.

I lower my voice and speak calmer. "Can you please tell me why you came here tonight?"

He briefly looks up at me before his eyes dart away from mine once again. He opens his mouth but closes it. He slowly gains the confidence again to look at me.

"I-I-," he stutters, before stopping himself.

Unexpectedly he comes closer and pushes his lips against mine. The shock doesn't allow me to react fast enough and he pulls away. He covers his mouth with his hand and looks shocked. He scurries further up my bed to create space between us.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry I-I sh-shouldn't have I-," he stutters.

"No Alexie, it's ok," I assure him.

"N-no I-It's not!" he yells, shocking me.

His breathing becomes fast and desperate and tears start to run down his face again, only this time harder. I quickly climb onto my bed and move over to him. I wrap him tightly in my arms. He pushes against my chest to try and separate us but I continue holding onto him, he needs to know he's safe with me. Eventually, he gives up. I carefully lay us down and cover our bodies with a blanket, keeping my arms wrapped around him. We lay in my bed for about half an hour before he looks up at me. When I turn to look at him he goes to turn away but I gently hold his head in place.