Chapter Four

Im woken up to the blaring sound of my alarm. I hit snooze. It goes off again. I hit snooze. It goes off again. I hit snooze. It goes off again. I hit snooze.
"Wake up Devin!" Gavin yells while pounding a fist on my door.
I open my eyes and blink slowly at my phone screen.
Shit.
"Devin! You're going to be late. Wake your ass up!" Gavin yells.
"I'm up! I'm up!" I yell back.
I lean over to the lamp sitting on my nightstand and turn it on. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes.
It's my first day of junior year and I'm already running late.
Great.
I swing my legs over the side of my bed and stumble to my closet, still, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I had forgotten all about the clothes I had laid out the night before so I rummage through and find shorts and a crop top. I throw my hair into a messy bun and slide on old, run down, dirty Birkenstocks. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and yank my phone from the charger and run down the stairs. I kiss my parents on the cheek and grab my keys from the hook by the door and run across the lawn to my car. I turn the key, buckle, and floor it from the curb.
My phone rings but I hit ignore. It rings again so this time I answer it. "Hello?"
"Where the hell are you Devin? Im sitting here alone on the first day of junior year!" Maya yells.
"I know Im sorry. I woke up late and Im almost to the school."
"You better be." Maya hangs up.
I pull into the school and the only open parking spots left are at the very bottom of the hill. I scream in frustration and sprint up the hill to the school.
"Ms. Montgomery!" The vice principal yells.
I roll my eyes and put on a fake smile coming to a halt. "Vice principal Rose. Good morning."
"Mhm. Come with me Devin." She looks me up and down.
I already know what's about to happen. Im about to get in trouble on my first day for the way I'm dressed and for me being late. I follow her to the guidance counselors office and she motions for me to have a seat. When I walk in, Mrs. Helm, smiles at me.
"Devin, I would like you to meet Atticus. Atticus, this is Devin. You will be showing Atticus around the school for today. He just transferred here from New York." She explains.
I turn my head to look at Atticus, and my heart immediately skips a beat. He has wavy, thick, dark black hair that is grown into a mullet. Green eyes and eye bags that sink into his skull. He's wearing black boots with loose ripped jeans, and a graphic t-shirt.
"Hi. I'm Atticus." He reaches his hand out toward me to shake. He's wearing rings. Lots of rings.
"Devin." I smile.
     He returns my smile with a smile, dragging my attention to his lips. He has a silver ball piercing in the middle of his bottom lip and snake eye piercings on the sides.
"Alright. Thank you for this Devin. Have fun!" Mrs. Helm interrupts, clapping her hands.
I grab my backpack and follow Atticus out to the hallway. He stuffs his hands into the front pockets of his jeans and stands awkwardly.
"What's your first class?" I ask.
"Homebridge." He says.
"Its this way." I motion my hand to the right of me and we walk side by side down the hallway.
"I don't normally dress like this on my first day. I don't really dress like this at all. I know it's not a great first impression, and." I cut myself off. "I don't normally talk this much either."
Atticus chuckles and grins, glancing at me. I return the grin with a forced smile.
"Well, this is Homebridge." I say.
He opens the door and I follow behind him, again. Homebridge smiles at us and motions for us to take a seat. At the back of the class there's one lab table left. Atticus and I take a seat next to each other as the classes eyes follow us. Homebridge introduces herself to the class and tells us about what is expected of us throughout the year.
Once the bell rings for second period Atticus and I part ways. I walk him to his next class and we don't see each other again until lunch. Maya and I only have lunch together so we sit against the wall and catch up about our day. I spot Atticus scanning the room for a spot to sit, we make eye contact and I smile at him. He hesitantly smiles back and walks to an empty table to eat by himself. Once lunch is over I go to my last class of the day and Atticus is sitting in the back of the class again. I make my way through people in the isle and take my seat next to him. We smile at each other but don't say anything.
When the last bell of the day rings I gather my things and head for my car. I wait for the majority of the parking lot to empty before I attempt to leave. While I wait I scroll through the notifications I received throughout the day. The one notification to catch my attention is a text from Mason.
     Him: How was the first day?
     I smile at the thought of him asking how my day went and I reply.
     Me: Good. Homebridge isn't as bad as you and Gavin made her to be.
     Him: Haha it is only the first day remember.
     Me: Yea yea.
     Him: Dinner tonight? My place?
     Me: Dinner? Your place? Hmm. I'll have to think about it.
     I turn my phone off and throw it to the passenger seat. I turn the key in the ignition and throw my car into reverse. I reach over for my phone again and text my family group chat.
     Eating dinner at Maya's tonight. Be home before 10.
     I pull out of the school and head straight for Masons house. When I get there only his car is in the driveway which makes since that he invited me over for dinner. I grab my phone and pull my hair from the bun it's been in all day and walk to his front door. I knock once and it swings open. His shirt is off and he has a spatula in one hand and a spoon in the other. He motions for me to come inside.
     "What are you smiling about?" He asks.
     "Oh nothing. You just look really cute right now."
     "Oh yea?" He smirks.
     He sets the spatula and spoon down and pulls me into him by my waist. He lifts me up by the underside of my thighs and sits my down on the table. He slides his tongue in between my lips and the taste of cherries hits my taste buds.
     "Its a good thing I didn't actually start cooking yet." He says against my mouth.
     He lifts me up onto him and I wrap my legs around his waist. He carries me to his room and lays me down on his bed. He stands between my legs and kisses me all the way down to the lower part of my stomach. He slides his fingers in the top of my shorts and tugs on them slowly. When I don't stop him, he continues. He throws my shorts to the side of the bed and pulls my shirt off. I unbutton his jeans as he unclasps my bra.
     "Are you sure?" He asks.
     I shake my head and pull him against my lips again. He pulls away and walks over to his dresser to pull out a condom from the top drawer. He slides the corner of the wrapper between my teeth and pulls one side, opening it. He rolls it onto him and kisses me once more. He grabs my hips, pulls me towards him, and flips me around. He places the bottom of his palms on each side of my lower back, next to my tattoo, and he laughs loudly. Before I can ask what he's laughing at he pushes himself hard inside of me. I gasp for air and he grunts. He leans himself on top of my back, still pushing inside of me, and kisses me from behind.
     "Mason." I gasp. "Mason, Im about to-"
     He pulls himself out of me and turns me back over to my back. He wraps his hand around my neck and pushed inside of me again. We both moan loudly at the same time. He bends down and slides his tongue over my breasts and I begin to arch my back up. He straightens himself quickly and pushes hard against my lower stomach with his free hand forcing my back down to the bed. I let out a pleasure filled scream. He stills himself inside of me and I can feel the pulsating of him against the pulsating of me.
I look up at him and his eyes are closed but his mouth is open, breathing heavily.
     "Fuck." He says.
     He pulls himself out of me and lets go of my throat. I begin to close my legs but he forces them back open. "I'm not finished yet."
     He kneels down to the floor and pulls me toward him. His lips consume me and I moan. I run my fingers through his hair and push his tongue harder against me. My body begins to contract as he continues to devour me.
     "You taste so good." He whispers.
     He stands and pulls me to my feet. He slides his tongue in between my teeth and down my throat.
     "Get dressed. Dinners almost here." He says.
     He slips into his jeans and closes the bedroom door behind him. I look around the room for my clothes and dress myself. I open the door and he's leaning against the wall across from his room waiting for me. He grins from ear to ear and walks towards me. He backs me up against the closed door and kisses me again.
     "Didn't get enough in there did you?" I ask teasingly.
     He grips my ass and pulls me against his body. The doorbell ringing interrupts us and we both look down the hallway at the front door. He pulls away from me and walks to the door pulling his wallet from his back pocket. I follow behind him.
     "I thought you were cooking."
     "I was going to but being inside of you distracted me."
     He opens the front door and pays the delivery person. He grabs the bag and brings it to the kitchen table where I'm waiting for him and he pulls out Chinese take out. I smile.
     "What?" He asks.
     "Nothing, just Chinese food is the best after sex meal."
     He grins and opens the cartons. He grabs a noodle with his finger and dangles is over my mouth. He slowly lowers it into my mouth along with his fingers. He turns around to grab forks from a drawer and hands one to me. We eat for about an hour talking about my day, his day, the future.
     After dinner I help clean up the kitchen and we make out for a couple minutes.
     "I should probably go home." I say.
     "Okay." He says.
     I slide my shoes on and grab my phone and keys. He walks me to my car and kisses me good night. I watch him walk back into his house before I drive away.