Chapter Three

School starts tomorrow and I am not at all ready to go. I'll be a junior in high school this year, Gavin will be a freshman in college and so will Mason. I don't know if he'll forget about me and meet someone else, but I hope he doesn't.
     A knock at my window catches my attention. "Hey let me in!" Mason loudly whispers.
     I jump up from my desk and rush to the window and open it. He crawls in and catches his foot on the ledge, tripping onto my floor.
     "Shh." I say, helping him to his feet.
     He stands up and places his lip between my lip. He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him and lifts me up onto his lower waist. He wraps my legs around him and I cup his face in my hands.
     "Why didn't you just come in through the house?" I smile against his mouth.
     "Because your brothers home, and he doesn't know I'm here yet." He says, smiling against my mouth.
     "Oh." I say.
     Our lips are now back on each other's. His right hand is on my lower back and his left is holding my under thigh. He walks to my bed and lays me down. He's now hovered over top of me, my legs still wrapped around his waist.
     I pull away from his kiss. "I want to do something."
     "Like what?" He grins.
     "Not that." I say, playfully punching his shoulder.
     I peck his lips once more and push him off of me. He flips over to his back and props himself onto his elbows. He watched me get up and I stepped in between his legs with my hands on my hips. 
     "I want to get a tattoo." I say.
     "I'm sorry, what?" The look of confusion crosses his face.
     "I want to get a tattoo." I say again.
     "Like right now?" He says.
     "Like right now." I say, shaking my head up and down.
     "Okay lets go. I'll buy it for you." He says, standing up.
     Im still in my, his, pajamas so I look through my closet for clothes to wear. I already know where I'm getting the tattoo so I pick out green sweat pant like shorts and a black over sized t-shirt. I forgot Mason was in the room when I undressed myself so he got a free show.
     Hands creep from behind me, when my shirt is off, wrapping around my waist. I lean my head back against his shoulder and turn my head for his kiss.
     "Can you take the rest off?" He glances down my cleavage.
     "No way. I have a tattoo to get." I chuckle.
     He drops his arms and I push off of him.
     "Now turn around." I motion my finger in a circle.
     He sighs and turns around slowly. I put my shirt on and take my sweatpants off. When my shorts are on I throw the sweatpants at the back of his head. He turns around and starts to chase after me around my room. When he finally gets ahold of me he slams me into my bed and plants his lips on mine.
     He pushes up on the bed and reaches his hand out for mine to help me up. He kisses me again, holding the back of my head pushing my harder into his lips.
     "I'll go back out the window and meet you at my car." He kisses me again before climbing out of the window.
     I grab my purse and slide my shoes on. I poke my head out of my bedroom door looking for Gavin, or mom, or dad. When there's no sound or sight of them I make it for the front door, where Mason is waiting for me on the outside. He's leaning back against the passenger side door.
     "Your chariot awaits you." He says.
     My cheeks begin to warm up. "Oh why thank you."
     He opens my door and holds my hand while I climb into his car. I watch him as he runs around the front of his car to the drivers side. He cranks the engine and backs out of the driveway. We ride in silence the whole ride to the tattoo parlor. No music. No talking. Barely any breathing. When we arrive my heart begins to jump out of my chest.
     "I'm nervous." I say.
     "There's nothing to be nervous about, Dev." He reassured me.
     I take a deep breath in and unbuckle my seatbelt.
     "Okay. I can do this. Lets go." I say, climbing out of his truck.
     I walk behind him as he leads the way through the parking lot and into the parlor. He leans against the front counter using his palms.
     "Hey, what can I do for ya?" The artist asks.
     "She wants a tattoo." He points his thumb to me.
     "Awesome. What kind were you thinking of?"
     I side eye Mason. "I'd rather keep it a secret from him." I say.
     She laughs and motions for me to follow her to the back. I point to a chair behind me telling Mason to take a seat and wait for me out here. He shakes his head and backs up into the chair, taking a seat.
     Once I'm in the back with the artist she asks me again, "What were you thinkin'?"
     I lift my shirt up in the back slightly and turn around. "I want flowers on the center lower part of my back." I smirk. "Maybe three or four."
      "Okay, I can definitely do that. Lay down on the table for me on your stomach and pull your shirt up."
Once I'm on the table she begins by wiping the spot on my back with an alcohol pad.
"Here, right?" She pushes slightly on my lower back.
I nod. She begins.
~~
She pats me on the shoulder. "Alright. You're all done!" She says.
I stand up and pull my shirt back down. "Thank you so much."
She nods and smile and ushers me towards the register.
"Are you or your boyfriend paying?" She asks.
"Oh he's not my-"
His hand wraps around the side of my waist pulling me into him. "Yes. I'm paying."
I look up at him but quickly back down to the counter when we lock eyes. My cheeks grow hot and I fidget with my fingers while he pays.
"Have a good day." He says, tapping his hand on the counter twice.
He wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk back to his car. "Thank you." I say.
"You're welcome." He smiles.
I turn my head out the window and watch the buildings as we pass by them.
"You gonna tell me what you got?"
"No."
"Please. Pretty please tell me. I did pay for it after all."
I look over at him and smile. He pours his bottom lip and bats his eyes at me. I giggle and shake my head. This time I turn the radio on and turn it up louder each time he starts to say something. He finally gets the hint and doesn't say anything else about it. Once we get back to my house he walks me to the front door and kisses my forehead.
"Will I ever see what I payed for?" He asks.
"One day." I say.
He chuckles and looks at his feet.
"I'll see you later. I have to go pack."
"Okay." I give him a soft smile and open the front door.
I walk up to my room and stare at the new tattoo on my back in the mirror.
"Im home!" My mother yells from downstairs.
I walk down to greet her with a hug and to collect my new school supplies. "Thank you mom. Love you."
"Love you too!"
I run upstairs and begin to pack my backpack. I set it by my door and pick out a first day of school worthy outfit. Sweatpants and a baggy shirt.
Perfect.
After dinner is over I shower and basically groom myself before bed. By the time I get into bed and under the covers my eyes are too heavy to keep open. But of course a noise next to my ear jolts me from my almost slumber. My phone lights up my dark room and I lift it up to my face to see what the notification was. Once my eyes un-blur the screen I see it's a text from Mason.
Goodnight. ;)
I can't help but smile.
Night. :)