1.2

act one
anticipation
season 3 episode 4.

one hour had passed at it was finally time for abi to compete against noah for a spot on the internationals team. noah was up first allowing abi to scout her competition. oh no. noah was actually really good.

"i didn't think he'd be this good." abi muttered clearly showcasing her nerves. valentine turned to face abi grabbing the blondes shoulders.

"you've got this. you're extensions are flawless and your flexibility is just perfect. you. are. going. to. be. fabulous!" the brunette whisper-yelled shaking the girls shoulders. once noah had finished dancing it was finally abi's turn.

"breathe" was the last thing valentine told the girl before her music started. abi started out really strong, nailing all of her leg work and overall giving a fantastic performance until the nerves got the better of her. the blonde stumbles a little, but that little mistake is going to  cost her.

"i really feel bad for abi, she worked so hard and totally deserves to be on the team. however that slight stumble has cost her, i hate to say it but i think noah has won."

valentine could tell abi was annoyed with herself.

"okay. what do we think guys? who wins?" kate asked. everyone pointed at the boy who went first. valentine heart sank for abi, she could see how devastated the girl was she just wished she could follow her but she knew lucien wouldn't let her.

noah ran up and pulled a name out of the hat.

"skylar"

all of elite cheered for the girl as she excitedly walked up to the hat. she picked out a name and was clearly not happy with the result.

"cierra" skylars sister. that was bad yet also good as it means that lucien would now be tied with kate as both skylar and cierra are elite dancers. cierra glumly walked forward and met skylar by the adults.

  ***🩰🩰***

cierra obviously won the dance battle with skylar as when everyone returned cierra was standing by kate, pheobe and lucien with a distraught look on her face.

"okay so cierra defeated skylar which means that she is the first official elite dancer on the internationals team." this comment caused all of elite to whoop and cheer for the girl causing her to smile.

"west" cierra read out. this guy with a gray hoodie walked forward to the hat and pulled out a name. valentine had seen west dance at regionals and nationals and knew this guy was amazing. he was a hip-hop dancer which adds eye-catching choreography to the dance causing the audience to pay close attention. valentines lyrical style of dance can't do that as well. west was bound to win and valentine truly felt sorry for who ever had to go against him. west then  read the folded piece of paper to himself and looked suspiciously to the elite group.

"valentine" he read. valentine clenched her eyes shut. she felt morgan pat her on the back encouragingly and she heard her teammates chant her name. she then walked up to west and the adults completely shaking with nerves.

"i'm not ready for this! i've seen west dance, he's insane. there is absolutely no way i'm going to compete with that" valentine said to the camera with a slight panicked expression.

"once again. you both know the drill. meet back here in an hour and off you go to rehearse" kate said. valentine let out a deep breath that she was holding in. as she turned to walk out the studio, she walked into something well someone.

"you better win this val because i need to win. you've got this. you're way more technical in your dancing then he is and that's what internationals wants." lucien told her which kind of made he feel better yet more pressured then ever. she knew she had to win or else she was going to let lucien down as well as elite. she just couldn't let her team down.

sorry this is so short and i promise the battle will be next chapter xoxo

also- i kinda want to create a west x valentine friendship, for him to be like her mentor or something within the upcoming seasons?? what do you think?