1.1

act one
bring on the competition
season 3 episode 4.

"one, two and three and four and five then seven and eight. and one, two and three and four and five." lucien counted the beats for a dance that he had choreographed. valentine was on the front row on the right to cierra another girl on her troupe. this dance wasn't exactly complicated however the movements were sharp and fast. valentine had also noticed there was a boy whom she had never noticed before at the studio and he was very good. she realised that lucien had probably placed him on the team to make sure that he gets control of the next step.

lucien then started to choreograph a lift between abi and max which looked extremely dangerous but if it worked it would look fantastic in this dance.

"up boom! yeah yeah. legs together, tight, tight" he instructed abi whilst she was in the air.

"lucien really is a great dance coach, he always wants perfection and that is what we need to win internationals this year!" valentine told the camera with a hesitant smile.

"let's get ready everybody. a little more full-out now. play some music!" he said as he made his way to the front.

'make the ground shake' started to play through the speakers as the dance started to perform their dance full-out.

"you gotta go faster with that nick" lucien said as the lift between valentine and nick was just a little bit behind morgan and max's.

"intensity" he begged causing the dance to give it a little more passion. the group continued their performance. the lines are perfect, timings on point knowing that they were here to intimidate the next step who would be arriving very shortly. as the dance was ending lucien gave a correction to cierra who was a little late on her ariel.

"hold it!" he commanded to everyone else.

"and drop! okay, that was good guys. it's getting better" he said as the group gathered around him.

"skyler remember it's a flexed foot when you do your extension after the unison section. morgan you're a little late on your back handspring but we'll work on that. overall it's looking decent, but we need it to be perfect in order to completely intimidate the competition." he said before telling everyone to go back to their starting positions.

***🩰🩰***

it was time for the competition to start, so lucien walked elite into studio a. before the solo rounds start, the whole of elite got into their starting positions for the dance they had been working on all day. valentine was a little bit nervous but couldn't let that show, the enemy must never ever sense your fear. it's common knowledge in the world of dance.

"let's do it" lucien said before stating the music casting the troupe to start their dance. the dance was looking really, really strong everyone looked perfect. valentine quickly looked at the next steps faces and saw the fear starting to grow. everyone nailed the timing especially for the canon body circles which looked amazing in valentines opinion. they held their end positions and dropped it knowing that they had fully intimidated the next step.

"hopefully that was enough to make the next step loose their focus allowing elite to take over their studio"

tensions were rising amount the dancers, elite was on one side and the next step on the other. both teams refused to acknowledge the other. valentine walked over to abi and morgan as she was starting to get really nervous.