Birthday Plans

A few days later I was out grocery shopping when I ran into someone's cart. I looked up and my heart leapt into my throat.

"Lisa! I'm so sorry." I said and she laughed shaking her head.

"It's no problem sweetie, no harm done." She said and I smiled. I went to continue shopping and she followed.

"I actually wanted to talk to you." Lisa said and I knew she had us figured out and I was started to panic.

"Oh yeah, what about?" I asked.

"I was wondering what you were planning?" Lisa asked.

"Planning? Planning for what?" I asked. Lisa looked at me confused.

"Chris's birthday! It's coming up in 2 weeks and I don't want to plan anything if you have something planned for him." Lisa said and I groaned to myself.

"Um...we hadn't really talked about his birthday. What day is it again?" I asked never really knowing.

"June 13th...he never told you what day?" Lisa asked and I sighed.

"No he did, I just forgot." I said and she smiled.

"Well let me give you my number. Once you figure it out can you call me and let me know. I want to plan something but I don't want to step on your toes." Lisa said and I nodded and I got out my phone. She gave me her number and I sent her a text so she had mine.

"Okay, I will let you know what's going on in the next couple of days." I said and Lisa nodded. She gave me a hug and we went our separate ways. I made sure the coast was clear.

JADE: SOS! We need to meet.

CHRIS: Everything okay?

JADE: We need to meet and discuss your birthday plans you and I made. I just ran into your mother.

CHRIS: Shit, okay, where are you?

JADE: Store.

CHRIS: You want to come over for dinner tonight and we can talk? I can give you my address.

JADE: Sounds good, send me all the info.

I knew going to his house was knew but we also knew we didn't want to be seen out so I sighed once he sent me all the info on how to get to his house. It was just dinner Jade, everything would be fine. He isn't interested in dating. I finished my shopping and just didn't panic about this dinner tonight.

💗💗💗💗💗

I got to Chris's house and he buzzed me in the gate and once inside I parked, headed to the door and knocked. He opened the door and I smiled at him and he smiled back. We gave each other an awkward hug, well maybe just on my end. Once we broke apart he smiled at me when I saw the pizza sitting on his coffee table.

"I hope pizza and beer is okay?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Amazing actually." I said and he smiled as we sat down and started eating.

"So what exactly happened with my mom?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"She just asked what our plans were for your birthday and I said we hadn't planned anything yet." I said and Chris nodded.

"I had a plan of what I wanted to do but now with you in the picture I don't know how it would go." Chris said and I looked at him in shock. "No, I don't mean like that. It's just I was going to suggest my family rent a cabin on the lake and we celebrate there. We did it a few times when we were all kids." Chris said and I smiled.

"So tell your mom that." I said and Chris sighed.

"Jade, if I mention it that they will want you to come." Chris said and I groaned.

"Right..." I said. "I can say I have to work and have no time off." I said and he half nodded.

"That may work...do you actually have to work though?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"Chris, it's your birthday, I want you to have what you want. You want to rent a cabin on the lake with your family, you do that. I will just say I have to work." I said and he sighed.

"Or we could just bite the bullet and you come. I mean we can have separate rooms and everything. I mean all the spouses will come with my siblings and I don't want to go single." Chris said and I gave a small laugh.

"Right, so now you want me to go?" I asked and he smiled.

"Please?" Chris asked and I laughed.

"Only so you don't have to be alone Evans." I said and he laughed.

"Thank you." Chris said and placed his hand over mine that was on my leg. I smiled at the touch.

"No problem. I will call your mom and let her know." I said and Chris looked at me shocked.

"You have my mom's number?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yep...she gave it to me at the store." I said and Chris sighed and shook his head.

"Well yeah call her and tell her I will book the cabin and we will go up on Friday the 12th and spend all weekend to Monday the 15th." Chris said and I nodded and started putting dates in my phone. Chris then looked at me.

"Just so I'm not blind sided by your birthday like you were with mine. When is your birthday?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"Not important." I said and he shook his head.

"No come on, out with it." Chris said and I smiled and sighed.

"June 13th." I said and Chris looked at me in shock.

"What?!" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Same day." I said.

"Then we have to celebrate for both of us!" Chris said and I shook my head.

"Please don't. Just worry about you." I said and he groaned.

"Are you sure?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"I'm sure, it's all about you Evans." I said smiling at him and he gave a small smirk back.