Chapter 3 - The Strong and The Broken

"I'll be fine, don't worry."

Kenta reassured as he sat down on his wheelchair while putting his legs at the back of his chair.

"But, Kenta-"

Sayo said as Kenta cleared his throat and looked at her.

"I'm fine, please excuse me."

He said as he went back inside CiRCLE and looked at Arata.

"Kenta-nii, is everything alright?"

Arata asked from behind the counter.

"I'll be fine, don't mind me, I'll be painting in the break room."

Kenta said as he rushed to the room and got his paintbrush and prepared to paint, however...

He couldn't paint, there was nothing, his hand not only refused to move, but he knew that it wasn't right, there was nothing that inspired him to move, so he just sat there, motionless...simply staring into a canvas with sketches but no colors...

"Hey, Kenta-nii...he fell asleep...hm...?"

Arata said as he looked at the canvas, there was a sketch, sure, but...it seemed...dead.

The drawing had no life, no color, no representation of anything.

"Kenta-nii...it seems you were having a nightmare about that day again..."

Arata muttered to himself before packing Kenta's things carefully and gently woke him up.

"Arata-kun...I see, I fell asleep..."

Kenta realized as he recomposed himself.

"Kenta-nii, do you want to meet up with Sayo-san?"

Arata asked.

"What are you talking about, let's just go home, Marina-san is waiting for us..."

Kenta explained as Arata simply sighed and complied.

The next day, Kenta was at school as he rolled out of the elevator before meeting up with his cousin for lunch.

"Arata-kun, what's it like to have a girlfriend? You love talking about Kasumi-chan after all."

Kenta asked as Arata just looked at him.

"I guess...it feels like you're completed."

Arata explained as he ate his bento.

"The half the you've been yearning for, someone who wants to be with you...it feels like someone just...hugs you, never wanting to leave you alone...that's what it feels like for me at least."

Arata explained.

"I see...to think that you've gotten this strong...do I even deserve to be the older one here...?"

Kenta teased.

"You just need to be stronger, Kenta-nii...for me, it's by vanguard, for you, it's art...but your way of vanguard is still beautiful."

Arata explained as he finished his lunch.

"Don't flatter me, it won't get me to join your team...besides, unlike you who wants to go pro...I'm without a dream...without hope...weak..."

Kenta explained as he looked to the sky.

"Ah, apologies for dampening the mood..."

Kenta apologized with an apologetic smile.

"It's fine, but I get what you mean. We all start out as weak, but we can all become strong."

Arata wanted to encourage Kenta with those words, but coming from someone that was trying to go pro, someone without dreams could simple smile while hiding the pain.