Chapter 1 - Where it All Started

It was 6 am, a child was running through the streets with his father as they stopped at the park.

"Kenta, you're getting faster!"

The older man exclaimed.

"Thanks dad!"

Kenta replied in a happy voice.

"That's true, you're going to win that track and field tomorrow, I can see it!"

A woman exclaimed as she pat his head.

Kenta and his parents, that's what made him happy, he enjoyed to run, especially with his family, he would run all day, and run fast. But as they say, good things come to an end.

"What's happening...?", "Someone help...!", was all someone could think right now, a tragedy has just occured and the cries of people could be heard.

"Mom...? Dad...?"

The young boy thought but the words couldn't form from his mouth.

He couldn't hear a thing, it was a constant ringing instead, his voice wouldn't come out, his parents holding onto his body, as if protecting it, and he could notice, they were breathing heavily, but they were still crying.

"Kenta...forgive us...live...our share...of life..."

His mother said as Kenta felt a sharp pain from below his knees, his father tried to protect them both, but a metal pole impaled his body as the remainder of the car they were in crushed Kenta's legs along with both of his parent's bodies.

"Please...live...Kenta..."

He said as his breathing became more erratic.

"D-Dad...? M-Mom...? P-Please...what's going on...? My legs hurt..."

Kenta said once more before he wakes up with tears flowing down from his face.

Kenta Ichigo, a man who's 18 years of age, after that accident 12 years ago, he hasn't been the same, he lost his legs and his aunt, Marina Tsukishima, along with his cousin, Arata Tsukishima, took him in with open arms, but he still doesn't feel the same...

"That same dream again..."

Kenta said as he looked under his blanket, seeing the remainder of his legs as he lifted himself to his wheelchair.

After cleaning himself up a little bit, he went to the dining area of their apartment as Kenta was making some breakfast for himself, his aunt, and his cousin, seeing as he's the only one awake for now, well, that was until someone poked his face from behind.

"Kenta-nii, good morning."

A tall young man with short gray hair and green eyes said while giving him a small smile.

"Arata-kun...good morning, I made some breakfast for all of us, can you get Marina-san for breakfast?"

Kenta said as he looked at Arata, but realized that something was missing from his ears.

He quickly did the sign language and Arata nodded his head and went to his mother's room to wake her up.

After a few minutes, Kenta served breakfast to his family as he ate with them as Marina tried to strike up a conversation.

"Hey Kenta-chan, you have rehabilitation training today, right?"

Marina asked.

"Yes, I can go on my own..."

Kenta said eating a piece of toast.

"No way, I'm going with you, Arata can watch the live house while I'm gone, alright, let's go!"