Chapter 2 - Painful Reunion

"Sayo...?"

Kenta asked as he turned to the teal haired girl with shock written all over his face.

"Yes? May I-Kenta-chan...?"

Sayo replied with a surprised look on her face.

"Huh? Do you two know each other?"

Marina asked.

"Well, sort off, Sayo and I were friends when we were young."

Kenta explained.

"Yes, however, we weren't able to keep in touch, speaking of which, what happened to you? If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you at-"

Sayo bombarded with questions but Kenta quickly replied.

"Our move to Kyoto was cancelled, for what happened to me, it's pretty obvious, I lost my ability to walk."

Kenta said as he looked at Sayo.

"Alright, that's enough questions, Arata, take Kenta to the break room, let's get this work finished."

Marina said as she clasped her hands together and Arata obliged.

"Sayo, you have a childhood friend?"

Yukina asked.

"Yes, although I don't know what exactly happened to him...I doubt he will tell me anything though..."

Sayo stated.

"If that's the case, I don't mind telling you."

Marina stated.

"Huh? Really, Marina-san?"

Lisa asked.

"Sure, but only for Sayo-chan though."

Marina stated.

"Although I'm grateful, may I ask why you are willing to share that information with me...?"

Sayo asked.

"Kenta said it himself, right? You two are childhood friends, you should know what happened to him at least..."

Marina explained as she fixed up some papers.

"If that's the case, we'll wait for you in the studio."

Lisa suggested.

"If you don't mind, thank you, Imai-san."

Sayo said with a small smile.

After the rest of Roselia left to give Sayo and Marina some time alone, Marina sat down to tell Sayo what she knows.

"Kenta-chan...he's basically been through so much...his parents died in a car crash at the age of six...he saw his parents trying to protect him, and even saw his own legs get crushed under the rocks...I feel really bad but..."

Marina said as Sayo just looked at her.

"I promised him that I'll never pity him, no matter what, he wants to be strong, even if he's been beaten up so much...he always works hard in rehab so he can get back up again, and even started to paint after the incident as a coping mechanism..."

Marina said with a smile on her face as she remembers all the times Kenta and Arata spent together.

"Marina-san..."

Sayo said as all she could do was look at Marina.

"Marina-san...if it's alright with you...can I be friends with Kenta-chan once more...?"

Sayo asked with the usual determined look in her eyes.

"That's not for me to decide, Sayo-chan."

Marina said as she looked at her.