chapter 18

as we all sat there trying to brainstorm ideas of where vanya could possibly be one of us finally spoke. "maybe she went back to her apartment, or maybe harolds house?" luther stupidly said. "yeah luther, because she is totally going to go back to her own house like that isn't the most obvious place in the entire universe. also jenkins is dead." i said coldly back to the giant ape in front of me. "well then i ran out of ideas." luther said back. "very helpful luther" diego said sarcastically. "look, i hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare." luther said being dramatic as always. "for what?" diego snapped back quick. "to do whatever it takes to stop vanya.." luther said suggesting another ridiculous idea. alison hit him with her notepad to say 'no'. luther stammered for a second before defending himself. "we may not have a choice alison!" "bullshit!" me and diego said together. "there's always options." diego said defending vanya. "yeah, like what?" five said back to diego joining in to the argument. diego paused for a second before saying "i don't know".

"look, whatever we decide we have to find vanya and fast, okay? she could be anywhere." we all paused for a second before kluas spoke up. "or... here." he said shaking the newspaper in his hands that he decided to try and read to zone the rest of us out. "look at this." he said putting the paper on the table so we could all see what he was talking about. we all crept closer and looked at what was on the page. "that's right, her concert is tonight." diego said confirming what we were all looking at before we heard a 'helloo' from behind us. we turned towards the voice to see an employee from the bowling alley talking to us. "i hate to burst your bubble, but my manager says that if you don't bowl. then you gotta leave." she said shrugging her shoulders before walking away. to where we see said manager i presume slams a pair of bowling shoes on the counter he is standing at.

"oh for christ sake.." luther drones out before grabbing a bowling ball and chucking it down several alleys and getting a strike. to which he looked back at the manager and smiled as i rolled my eyes. "way to make a statement luther." i said sarcastically. alison then stepped in front of luther holding up her notepad. "we're the only ones capable of stopping this. we have a responsibility to dad." luther snarks back to alison. "to dad? no i've heard enough-" diego starts before luther cuts him off, " he sacrificed everything to bring us back together." luther said defending poor old dad. "i'm with luther on this one. we can't give her a chance to fight back. there are billions of lives at stake, we're past trying to save just one." five said defending luther and his crush on dear old reggie. "hey guys, i might be able to help." kluas said butting in. "now is not the time." luther said coldly. "no, let him finish. he saved my life today." diego said somberly. we all paused before kluas started again, "yeah about that, but the real hero here... is ben." there was a long pause of us looking at each other confused.

"we don't have enough time for your shenanigans kluas." i said crossing my arms. "no look.. today, he punched me in the face. and earlier at the house, he was the one who saved diego. not me." kluas continued gesturing all the things in the world. "you are unbelievable kluas. luther started before kluas butted in once again. "what, d- do you want proof?" kluas said picking up a bowling ball. "ill give you proof." he said sniffling, getting ready to throw it. "it's showtime baby.." he said before chucking it behind five, to which five responded by moving out of the way. "catch." kluas said. as i followed the ball it seemed to hit a ripple in the air. i looked at the spot a little closer and could see an outline of someone. i shook my head telling myself 'it was probably a reflection from the TV'. i turned back to the conversation trying to distract myself. "is there any way to silence that voice in your head that screams to be the center of attention" luther said to the slim man scolding him. "you know, i liked you a lot better before you got laid luther." to which i audibly gasped. who would sleep with luther? even under any amount of heavy drugs. i shivered in disgust thinking about it as kluas tried to play it off as a misunderstanding as alison walked away in frustration. luther following her like a little puppy.