O38. ONCE OPON A TIME OF NEVER

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT.
❝ONCE UPON A TIME OF NEVER. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Dolores... How could you?"

Mr. De Luca stepped closer to the two, a gun in his hand, as Dolores looked away, no emotion etched on her face.

"That woman," the man explained as Daniela felt tears now escaping her eyes, "was naive before she met with me. She was also blinded with rage from what you have done to her."

Dream internally sighed as he came to remember that Dolores's husband and son were the victims of a deal gone wrong, having died right in front of a wife and mom.

"You hurt me," Dolores spoke with such anger, her eyes becoming teary-eyed. "You are not a good man. You are the devil. I could see that Daniela was falling for you, started to trust you. I did not want her to end up dead just like my husband and son."

Daniela listened to every word her second mother spewed out, not believing her words. Such trust she had for her, but all of that was now gone. She attempted to murder her, she couldn't forgive her.

"I came across Mr. De Luca when he saw me in the market," Dolores continued. Both Dream and Daniela eyed him and he grinned at them. "He told me he also hated Dream and he could help me save you from his hands."

"By trying to poison me?"

"I have been your mother since you were born," Dolores glared at the girl. "It was better for you to be killed by me, a person that knew you, rather than to die at the hands of a killer who didn't have no mercy."

Daniela furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head. "That is not a mother, Dolores. Instead of trying to kill me, you could've talked to me. I would've left as soon as you have told me something. I would've listened to you. I always do."

"You wouldn't have listened!" Dolores snapped her head towards her, the look in her eyes scaring Daniela. "You fell for him, Daniela. Telling you wasn't an option anymore."

"Neither was trying to murder her," Dream told her in a stern voice as he now had fully embraced Daniela into his arms, feeling the way she shook from nerves and anger. "You could've killed me."

"Why kill you when you could suffer?" Mr. De Luca asked. "You are attached to that girl. Her death could've hurt you. I knew her being poisoned, being sick, would've reminded you of how your mother passed away."

"Leave my mother out of this."

"Leave your mother?" Mr. De Luca scoffed before chuckling. He turned to look at Daniela. "You know, I was close friends with your dad. Until he stole from me, made me look like an idiot in front of everyone. Insulted me. It's crazy to know he had a wife and a child."