O12. THE SECRET GARDEN OF HIS

CHAPTER TWELVE.
❝ THE SECRET GARDEN OF HIS. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I have the best father."

"Your father gifted you dead birds."

"Best father. I mean, so creative."

Daniela sat on the table she usually sat on when Ms. Lenard, Dolores, and Mr. Adrien usually cooked or cleaned. She would occasionally help here and there but today, the three didn't want her to do anything other than give her honest opinions about the dish they created. They believed that the girl was still in denial over what she saw in the box two days ago.

"Dani, are you... okay?" Mr. Adrien slowly asked, squinting his eyes at the girl who simply nodded and shrugged.

"Guys, they were birds," she stated as if it was the most obvious thing. "I've seen worse."

"Worse than dead, bloody birds?" Ms. Lenard turned to look at the girl with shock, something that was so uncharacteristically of her since the woman was always withholding a straight, stoic expression.

"I saw my uncle being skinned alive," Daniela ate an apple. "My dad did his business in the living room so I was always watching every little shit he did."

"Skinned alive?" By now, Mr. Adrien and Ms. Lenard eyed the girl with disbelief.

"I'm just messing with you guys," Daniela snorted. The two let out breaths of relief. "I just saw my uncle's throat being slashed."

The two froze and Daniela continued eating her fruit, humming under her breath as if she just didn't drop a major bomb on them. She just thought it wasn't that big of a deal. Hell, they lived in a house and had raised a kid that is now the leader of a mafia that everyone basically cowered away from.

"You saw that?" Mr. Adrien asked.

"Yeah, I was around 5 or 6 years old," Daniela answered, looking down at the apple. "Anyway, do you think I'm allowed to go to the garden? My phone got taken away and I want to be far away from my grandmothers when they found out I'm here. They're very scary."

"Let me buzz in Sapnap," Mr. Adrien pressed on a button nearby, alerting the man. Sapnap came in a minute later, his hand holding a chocolate bar while the other broke the bar into small pieces, eating it.

"Yeah?"

"Daniela wants to go to the garden," Mr. Adrien said, not turning to look at him as he continued chopping up some onions, tears blurring his eyes. Sapnap turned to look at the girl who was resting her head on the table, raising her head up and down to hit her forehead slowly.

"Oh, my God, come on," the man groaned, too lazy to be taking care of the girl, but Dream had taken basically every guard for a stupid payment. Because his own guards were being trained, Sapnap didn't go, which, clearly, he was upset about judging from the chocolate bar he was eating out of sadness.

Daniela quickly followed after Sapnap, eyeing the different vases filled with roses as the two passed a hallway after hallway. It wasn't until Sapnap made another turn, one she didn't remember having to take to the garden, that she was left confused, being alert of her surroundings.

"This isn't the way to the garden."

"Dream has another garden," Sapnap breathed out. "An enclosed one. I'll lead you there since he doesn't want you to go out and endanger your ass."

"I can fight," Daniela argued.

"Yeah, you look like you can," Sapnap hummed, "but can you dodge bullets?"

"Hmm, no," the girl answered. "But, I need to be shot in order to see if I can dodge it. I always read in books about how a person always dodges bullets."

"They're books," Sapnap said. "Fictional. You will get shot." Before Daniela could speak, the man stood in front of a metallic door. "Anyway, here ya' go."

Opening the door, Daniela was pushed in by the impatient man. She glared at him over her shoulder before gaping at the beautiful flowers in front of her.

"What the hell?" She breathed out, eyeing her surroundings, in awe at the fact that the walls were see through. She can see the outside. She eyed the ceiling, which had glass windows, letting in the sun.

"Oh, George built the walls," Sapnap said, his shoulders going up and down in a shrug. "Don't know how but he did his nerdy thing and made the outside look like metal and made it feel like that, too, while he also made it see through. You can see the outside, but the outside won't see you."

"That's so cool," Daniela's mouth stayed opened.

"Also, the weather in here is the same as outside," Sapnap said. "For the flowers. No one hasn't come in here for... years, I think. Maybe this can be yours now."

"No, I don't want to impose or anything," Daniela waved his words off. "This is enough, just being able to come in here to clear my head."

"There's a bench near a water fountain," Sapnap pointed towards the object where Daniela could in face see the fountain spilling out water. "When it gets night don't worry. There are fairy lights that will immediately light up once the sun sets. Those windows," he pointed at the ones in the ceiling, "will close. We want to keep this place safe."

"Understandable," Daniela nodded, still in shock over what she was seeing. God, it was so beautiful, she was sure she was in love with the scenery. Anyone would fall in love with it.

"I'll be a room away," Sapnap said, pointing a thumb behind him. "Just buzz me in when you're finished. Dream might also come in here since this is where he thinks but we'll see. Let's hope he doesn't kill me because I've been pissing him off too much."

"I would, too." Daniela snorted. "He's so funny to annoy."

"Right?" Sapnap made a face. "Finally. George is very serious sometimes so he doesn't think so either. He has his days where he's funny, too, and we both annoy Dream, but it's once in a lifetime."

"Don't worry, I like annoying him, too. The good thing, though, is that I don't have to do anything. I'm in the same room as him and he's annoyed."

"Wow," Sapnap applauded, a shocked look on his face. Daniela nodded, proud of herself. She shrugged.

"I know it's a gift."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I fell in love with the
garden I described here
and I love the image I
created 😩😩🥴