Ep8: The Birth Of Courage

"What do you think you're doing?!!" Tohru yelled once he got there, he had placed a piece of white paper on her forehead, a kanji in black written within and just then a wide black circle was formed behind her as her body was gradually turning to stone. "A sealing form?" The brunette muttered as she stared on at the flaring Shaitan, the black circle behind her only getting thicker.

"It's just a hundred years, it shouldn't be too long for you." the dark haired male stated snickering before Hagakure's body of stone and then lifted up a sack of gold from the ground, probably the one he dropped before Lida barged in earlier. 'Where did he even get that from?' The brunette thought, her mind circling around that white piece of paper before he then stated.

"It must be pretty dark out by now.... let's go settle our end of the deal with those kids."

SHAITAN
HOMICIDE

Narrator's POV

The sky had finally fallen from deep orange to a navy blue. The moon had once again taken the role of the sun and the shadows of the night were haunting as the thoughts of Shaitan lurking at every corner ushered all the humans back into their huts, dismissing whatever it was that happened before them a while ago.

They were met with rolling waves as they headed out to shore, Ochako, Katsuma and Mahoro seemed to have finally made their way out of the village Hashan. The cold night breeze playing with their hair as the wind kicked up a few dust of the soft sand below their feet. A beautiful designed sky, illuminated with the moon and stars, calmly welcomed the sound of clashing waves and the smell of the salty sea, of course, the most noticable part of the whole view being the huge ship present at the centre of the scenery. Exactly where they left it.

The two kids stopped in their tracks,  but the brunette continued forward until Mahoro then called out to her. "Um....Ochako..."

The shaitan hunter turned around to meet their gaze and then watched as the both children bowed half way and thanked her. "Thank you for all your help."

"....."

"And sorry for calling you a criminal.".When Mahoro said this, the brunette still kept silent for a while and avoided their gaze, a few seconds passing by before she glanced back at them and hesitantly replied.

".... It's alright." I mean, they were just kids, and she was termed a certified criminal by the high committee, so it makes sense why they called her that. I guess she just found it frustrating, but yet again, she might have to get used to it. There'd be a bunch of trained adults saying that to her face in the near future.

Just then both Mahoro and Katsuma began to wonder why Deku and Lida didn't join her to hand them the gold they(Deku) had promised and why Ochako had come alone... It was still a weird occurrence even though they just met this three individuals in one evening.

Flashback

Katsuma and Mahoro sat still in their home, both bewildered and scared. The brown haired girl hugged her knees close to her as she sat beside her father's waste of a body.

She glanced down at him with worried eyes. "Where do you think they all left to? You think they're coming back?" Katsuma asked the question to which his sister glanced over to him and responded. "They left earlier to go severe the Shaitan of this village, it's highly likely they're no longer alive-

The brown haired girl was cut short when she saw a figure walk right through the door and into their home, both their faces were perplexed at first, as they thought it was a random stranger, until they caught sight of this person. "You're that.... criminal?" Was what escaped the little girl's lips. "I'm not a criminal." The brunette responded in an instant, her face not having the brightest expression.