Best Thing Ever-Somi

words: 0.9k

Theme: Pure Fluff & Fantasy

Prompt: Incubus feed off intimate energies, so when you've holed yourself away, and away from Somi, it affects both of you. But a fun night together will fix everything!

.......................................................................................

Well, this situation was pretty embarrassing for Somi.

Seeing as she promised herself and you, she would wait, give you space, and let you be alone with your thoughts.

You've cut off all connection to the world, opting to stay holed up in your condo after having what feels like everything- most things go wrong.

It's been months - that's exaggerating. Four days, fourteen hours, and thirty seconds- thirty-two seconds in counting since she hasn't seen or touched you. It's killing her, literally. What does a touch deprived incubus do when they have no contact? Starve. And if it gets really bad, they die. But it's not like she can't go somewhere else to fix her issue, she really just wants you. And this is definitely not your fault - she would never guilt trip or blame you when she gets like this.

So, in short Somi was hungry, she craved your touch. Especially the way you would trace shapes on her palm or run your fingers through her hair or- or lay your head on her shoulder when she was playing the Nintendo switch. And a lot more.

(Obviously not her lap though...she tends to throw the controller down when she can't beat the game. Unfortunately, you know firsthand.)

But she promised herself, and yet here she is standing at your door with your favorite takeout and another squishmallow for your bed. She hesitantly shrugged it off, though, some promises are meant to be broken.

Somi  obviously had a key, and even though she was tempted to use it - to just walk in and say 'surprise!' and throw herself at you, she knocked on the door and gathered the remnants of her self-control.

But that nearly all went out the window when you opened that door. You had an adorable bedhead and a confused expression paired with a small smile on your face that grew bigger at the sight of her. She was happy that you looked better than the last time she saw you.

But God, was she yearning for you. And maybe you could tell seeing as she was pulled into your place by your soft hand pulling her in by her wrist. Or maybe it was how drained she looked, and to a stranger she would look fine-as-can-be, but you knew better. The situation was obviously affecting the both of you.

"You didn't have to, Somi." You said pulling your hand away slowly, your voice soft. Hearing your voice snapped her out of cloud nine, which she was put into from that tiny bit of contact.

Since she was still in wonderland you motioned to the plastic bags and plush, she was holding. She stared at you for a couple seconds dumbfounded, and a blush rose to her cheeks.

"Oh." A second later she cleared her throat, "I mean - I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to. Uh...Are you doing, okay? I can see you look better but I wanna hear it from you."

You nodded your head, Somi always thought about others more than she should herself. "I'm doing better, just trying to be productive to get back in the swing of things." You spoke with a bittersweet smile.

She nodded and opted to play with her fingers while looking around, oblivious to the way you bit your lip to hold back a smile. Knowing Somi wasn't gonna say anything till you spoke being the quiet person she is.

Her heart began pounding inside of her chest. And she almost took a small step back and tried to hold in whatever emotion was showing itself because you weren't saying anything else, and she couldn't see your expression due to her avoiding locking eyes with you anyway. The nagging thought at the back of her mind thinks you want her to leave because she showed up unannounced.

And she couldn't break your trust; not now.

Trust was important to Somi. She trusted you with her secret and for you to not tell, so she should do the same when you trust something of her.

"Somi?" she hummed in response, "Do you wanna watch a movie?" You asked, stepping closer and taking the stuff in her hands and putting it on the countertop.

"Are you sure? I'm not intruding on anything am I?"

"No, not at all. But I've missed you lots though, and I would love to spend time with you..." You trailed off as you started to take the food out of the takeout bags.

Somi's body relaxed at your words and a dopey grin appeared on her face, she came over next to you, hips touching briefly and carried half the food to the glass coffee table in front of the couch in the living room. You came in shortly with more food and plopped down next to her, grabbing the remote.

Clicking on the Disney + application you asked "Tangled?", knowing it was Somi's favorite Disney movie right now and she excitedly nodded her head.

You opened your arms for Somi, and she dove into your embrace eagerly, sighing when you ran your fingers through her hair. You could tell she really needed this.

Later in the movie the scene where Flynn Ryder saw his wanted poster and complained about his nose played and you laughed. And Somi could feel the light rumble of it as she was cuddled into your side, head laid on your shoulder. And she knew she would never get tired of your laugh, as goofy as it was.

She found herself thinking moments like this,

Were the best things ever.