angel disguised as human ( 𝚘𝚍𝚊'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛!𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 )

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐃𝐀 !

❛𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴,
𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴❜

SITTING at your desk, you read through an old newspaper article from 12 years ago, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. You'd been very engrossed in the piece of paper for the past hour. It had all the answers you wanted to desperately know when you were there on that eventful day.

Upon reading a certain sentence, your brows quirked up, "You really are amazing Ranpo," you mumbled.

• • •

12 years ago

The tears of your nine year old self had dried up after having witnessed the very confusing and shocking stage play of the theater you visited with your mother. You were supposed to enjoy a play "Murder by an angel" in which that very angel was supposed to kill each of the twelve characters. Murakami, a very popular actor, was the one playing the angel.

However, you'd never expect the events to turn out this way.

That the very angel was killed in front of you, the audience, but not as in a change of the script, but rather a very dark turn of events which shocked everyone's body to its core. Your mother tried to calm you down during the panicked commotion of all the people around you, but you as a child couldn't possibly get the scene out of your head. The way his skin turned pale and the way the knife bored through his stomach.

"It's going to be fine sweetie, I'm here," your mother consoled you as you clung onto her jacket.

And in that moment the lights went off.

Then a bright light focused onto a figure on the stage and everyone turned their attention to said person.

It was a young boy, probably 14 years old and he was very cheery, despite the gloomy atmosphere that still lingered in the hall. He wore a small hat that covered his black spiky hair as he suddenly started laughing.

"No good! Stupid! Foolish! No good, ordinary, worried faces all lined up in a row! It's so funny, like I'm shopping at the market! I can almost see your price tags!"

Everyone in the hall sat there perplexed, quieting down as the young boy kept talking.

"You look like you're wondering why I'm here. I'm your saviour! Great detective, special ability user, child of God, in other words, deus ex machina, appearing at the end of this play in order to slice open all the mysteries, all the troubles, and let everyone go home with a sigh of relief, saying oh how wonderful!"

You weren't able to comprehend what was going on. Simply listening to what he was trying to say, your heart beat rapidly.

The further he talked, you'd grow more confused. You were to young to understand. You'd ask your mom what the young boy was saying but all she did was stare at him in awe and surprise.