eight

jaemin was kind of nervous, he didn't expect jeno to willingly come over at his house at 4am just to help him fall asleep. he has never met anyone who was constantly caring for him everyday like jeno. and he hate to admit, but he was maybe slowly appreciating jeno for doing this for him.

a few minutes went by and jaemin heard a soft knock on his door. he got up from his couch and opened the door, jeno being revealed.

"you look tired." was the first thing that came out of jeno's mouth. it was true though, jaemin did feel tired but he was scared to sleep.

"i am.." jaemin softly replied while looking at the ground, suddenly being interested in it.

"where's your room?" jeno says as he steps inside the house, finally.

"upstairs...my parents aren't home so don't worry.."

"your parents aren't home? where are they?" jeno asks, raising an eyebrow.

"uhm..i don't wanna talk about it." jeno noticed how the younger seemed uncomfortable, so he didn't ask any more questions. jaemin led jeno up to his room and just awkwardly sat on his bed.

"how are you gonna help me sleep? it's funny thinking about it." jaemin says while trying to hold back his smile.

"what usually helps you sleep?"

"i'm not sure..."

jeno sighed and placed himself at the end of jaemin's bed, not wanting the other to seem uncomfortable. "i want you to sleep comfortably, so tell me if you feel uncomfortable, okay?"

jaemin just nodded slowly before he lied back down on the bed. jeno slowly but surely brought himself closer and caressed the others hair.

"i forgot to ask you if it's okay if i do this?" jeno stopped, but soon continued when he saw the younger nod.

"tough at the surface but soft in the heart, cute." jeno thought as he played with jaemin's hair.

soon, jeno adjusted his position on the bed so he could lay more comfortably, and unexpectedly, jaemin turned his body over and layed his head right on top of jeno's chest.

jeno was caught in surprise and stopped moving for a while. until he felt jaemin slightly move around, he immediately continued.

"oh my gosh.."

jaemin was laying on top of jeno, and he didn't know what to do but just keep playing with jaemin's hair. sooner or later, jaemin fell asleep and jeno just awkwardly lied on the bed too, not wanting to wake the other.

he knew when jaemin would wake up, he will immediately freak out after realizing he has been laying on jeno for who knows how long. but jeno couldn't move and leave since that'd wake up the younger.

jeno sighed and just let the younger basically sleep on him since he had no other choice.

few hours have passed and the time was now 10am. all jeno did for those 6 hours was just go on his phone. he admit, it was broing, but jaemin was peacefully sleeping so it didn't bother him as much.

jeno felt the other moving so he figured he was waking up, finally.

"good morning, you finally up?" jeno says and jaemin stared at him before finally clicking back into reality.

"j-jeno?!" jaemin shouted as he got up.

"did you sleep well?" jeno asks, completely ignoring the fact jaemin was giving him glances.

"uh..i guess..." jaemin didn't want to lie, he slept really well, but he didn't want to admit it either.

it was silent for a while until the front door suddenly closed, and jaemin knew exactly what that meant.

"jeno, get out from my window, now." he said, without even explaining anything else. jeno left jaemin's house through his bedroom window and he was merely confused, but he didn't question it.

"see you again, jaemin."