Prologue Part 2

Hello, and welcome back! Took me a while to make a new chapter but here it is! Had to take a bit of a short break due to stressing myself out needlessly.

I feel much better now, and a little motivated to write now.

Warning: There will be cursing, just to let you know.

Enjoy!

-Location: ???-

Crackle, burn, crumble

The scenes that were being witnessed could be described as Hell. The streets of the once prosperous nation that survived without a God watching over them, reduced to nothing.

Ruined buildings, littered corpses, destruction everywhere; the results of Celestia wrath against the technological superpowered nation.

Why?

Was the thought running through the Anemo Archon known as Barbatos, as he stood in defiance against his old friend – Morax.

"Barbatos, stop this foolishness." Morax, The Lord of Geo, emotionlessly warned his long-time friend. "If you continue trying to impede Celestia orders, I will be forced to destroy you as well."

"Don't make me your enemy."

Sweat dripped from the smaller God cheek. He knew despite his ability to cut Morax pillars into pieces with his breath, he was still outmatched.

After all, he had given up the major source of his power so that his people could live in peace and freedom from tyranny.

Instead, he pleaded:

"Then at least let me take these two to safety." He pleaded with him. "No one will have to know about this."

He said, pointing to the two children cowering behind him. Tears falling from their faces as they witnessed the destruction of their home. And the death of everyone they knew and loved.

Morax shook his head.

"Celestia orders were clear." He said, "Khaenri'ah is to be destroyed, not even its people are to be left alive."

"Back down, Barbatos. If you stand against us, Celestia will no doubt ensure that Mondstadt will soon follow."

Twitching, Barbatos faltered. He did not want the death of two innocent children on his hands, but he did not want the people of Mondstadt to suffer as well.

That would make the noble sacrifices his friend and everyone else be in vain.

With a heavy heart, he bowed down. Keeping his face as stoic as possible, as Morax constructed a massive pillar to quickly end the two young lives as painlessly as possible.

Hovering, he prepared to strike the two down.

However, ...

"AAHHHH!!"

An unexpected voice grabbed their attention.

"WHO-BANG!"

Morax question was cut off as he was hit on the head and knocked out.