First Meeting

Cuphead:
(Y/N POV) It was a rainy day, so I decided to go to the arcade. As I entered the arcade, I noticed a group of people surrounding the Skee-Ball machine. I am pretty good at Skee-Ball, so I decided to see what was going on.

I managed to see a red cup keep winning jackpots on the machine. Next to him was a blue mug; I assumed they were related.

People cheered as the machine kept lighting up. I am a very confident go-getter, so I decided to speak up.

"I challenge you to a game."

The cup turned towards me, "Alright, but I better warn ya, I've been on a hot streak. Waittt, how bout we turn this into a bet! If you win, I gotta get you a candy bar, but if I win, you gotta get me a candy bar."

I chuckled. "Oh, it's on."

We scanned our cards (because no arcade uses coins anymore 🥲) and began to play. It was a tie game until the last throws, where I scored 100, and he scored 50. He stood in disbelief, and the crowd began to walk away.

"Wow, you're good at this! I guess I owe you a candy bar."

"Yeah, you do. What's your name?"

He stuck out his hand, "I'm Cuphead. What about you?"

I took his hand, "Y/N, good game."

After the handshake broke, we went over to the prize stand, and I picked my favorite candy bar.

"Y/N, you seem like a cool person, how's about we be friends?"

"Sure thing, Cuphead."

I got a message on my phone from my friend who needed me to help her babysit.

"Aw shoot, I gotta go. See ya later!"

He smiled. "Bye Y/N!"

(Cuphead POV) As I was about to go find Mugman, he walked into the prize stand.

"Wow Cuphead, you two get along really well."

"Yeah Mugsy, I suppose we do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mugman:
(Y/N POV) I was walking through the park because I had some extra time on my hands. I strolled along while listening to (favorite song) with my earbuds in.

As I walked a little further, I noticed a person, or mug perhaps, sitting alone under a tree. I decided to approach him.

"Hey, are you ok?"

The mug looked up at me. "Oh yeah, I'm just waiting for my brother."

I smiled. "My name is Y/N, what's yours?"

"Mugman. Nice to meet ya Y/N!"

I giggled; a red cup appeared in the distance.

"There's my brother. I hope to see you again Y/N."

I waved back at him. "Yeah, me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Devil:
(Y/N POV) I am the younger sister of King Dice, and since he's also my guardian, I get to be with him everywhere.

Anytime King Dice is being praised onstage, I am backstage controlling the microphone or the lights. Anytime he is winning a game of cards, I am taking notes on things the opponents did. I love seeing my brother succeed, so I dedicate my time to helping him do so.

One day, King Dice was putting on a show. As it hit intermission, he went backstage to his room so he could regroup. Now, at this time I was up in the lights room. Since it was intermission, I decided it would be fun to start messing with the lights and seeing what buttons led to what.

As I made labels for the buttons, I saw smoke appear out of the corner of my eye, and then the Devil appeared. Now, I am used to seeing the devil, considering he runs the casino and all, but never have I been 1 on 1 with him.

"Why hello Y/N, I see you're having fun with the lights?"

I hit the button that turned off the spotlight and faced him. "Sorry Devil, I just wanted to see if there were any new features installed.

"Oh no, Y/N, there is nothing to be sorry about. I just wanted to come up here to talk to you because we haven't had a chance to previously talk."

Now, considering my brother IS the Devil's right-hand man, I had small conversations with the Devil frequently.

"Well, it's almost time for Dice to be back on, but you are welcome to stay in the room up here with me and watch."

He chuckled. "Sweetheart I own the place, I can be anywhere anytime I please."

"I was trying to be nice."

He snickered, spawned a chair, and we watched the rest of the show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Dice:
(Y/N POV) I am a bartender working at the casino. Today has been a surprisingly slow day, but I don't mind.

This was the case until a very familiar face sat down; It was King Dice.

"Hey King Dice, how are you today?"

He shrugged, "Doing ok. I'll just have whatever today's special is."

I nodded and began preparing the drink. We began to have small talk as I handed him the drink.

"Sometime when I don't have a gig, you and I should hang out. I feel like we could get to know each other better if we weren't both working."

I giggled. "That sounds great, KD."

He slightly blushed at the new nickname.

"Well KD, my shift is over. Talk to you soon!" I finished washing the last glass and walked around the bar.

"Have a good day Y/N."

I waved at him and exited the building.