ϾHΛPТΞЯ 4

Lucy awoke the next morning at her house. Alone, no surprise there. She stepped out of her bed as she wandered into the kitchen. Gathering a bowl from the cupboard and grabbing the cereal from the shelf. 

"Milk, milk all need is milk." She sang as she searched the refrigerator for what she was looking for. Shortly after she pulled out an empty carton.

"Shit." She sighed. Her mom wouldn't be home until later. Lucy sighed as she grabbed three dollars her mom had left her

Lucy set off for the local store as her mind wandered to her best friend. 

He was quite handsome, and he was kind.  I really do think I like him. Romantically. But how would he feel? How would he react? Would he think she was gross and refuse to be her friend? Or would he like her back? The questions raced through her head as she walked into the store.

I would probably have to admit to him sometime, If I don't it will weigh on me then it'll just be awkward. Or maybe I'll just move across the country! That sounds easier. 

As she thought she didn't even realize she was two steps away from crashing into someone. Until, one step, Bam!

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Lucy looked down noticing familiar shoes. 

"Don't worry about it- oh never mind, You should actually pay for my snacks now because you traumatized me." Robin joked as the two made eye contact.

"Nevermind then I'm not sorry." She laughed both terrified and relieved it was only Robin. 

"What are you doing here Lulu?" He asked as they walked toward the counter together. 

"We ran out of milk," She held up the new carton she was buying to show him, "What are you doing?"

"Getting snacks for me and Finn."He showed Lucy the candy and sodas he had picked up. "you go first," He told her as they arrived at the counter.

Lucy set the carton on the counter as the amount was calculated. 

"One dollar and eighty cents please," The teenage clerk said dully as Lucy handed him the cash and got 20 cents back. 

"Tell Finn I said hi though," 

"Honestly I don't even wanna do the math, I just missed hanging out with Finn," Robin confessed smiling. 

"Well," Lucy grabbed Robin's bandana and put it on her head though it was too big for her, "I'll do the math then we could switch out when it's fun time!" She laughed

Robin chuckled as the bandana fell over her eyes, "Yeah, but I really gotta do this work or I'm gonna get suspended." 

"Well I gotta get home now but I'll talk to you later," She began walking out the front as he went out the back until she realized she still had his bandana on. 

"Shit-" She mumbled as she walked the back way. Right before she turned the corner she called out turning. 

"Hey, Robi you forgot-" She dropped her carton of milk, causing it to spill everywhere.  she stared as she saw an older guy. With a creepy mask. He had Robin in a chokehold. Robin struggled as the man sprayed something in Robin's mouth. It was the grabber. 

Robin saw her before The Grabber. They made eye contact she stood frozen, "RUN!" He yelled before passing out in the Grabber's arms. The Grabber turned to see who he yelled at as he spotted Lucy. 

The Grabber sprinted towards her but she could move, she was frozen in fear as she processed what she was seeing, as it registered in her mind she knew what she needed to do. 

She ran slightly ahead of The Grabber up the backway ramp toward the entrance of the store. Her hand slapped on the glass door before two large arms wrapped around her body and pulled her back. 

"Oh no, you don't." A bittersweet voice spoke as he dragged her back to the van. He pulled out the same spray can he used on Robin, whose body was in the back of the van, and Sprayed the chemical into her mouth as she screamed for help. 

"Nighty night." The sickeningly soft voice spoke as he took out black balloons and released them from his grasp as her consciousness started to fade.