Chapter 3

Emmeline's P.O.V.

Everyone is string at us, but I keep my eyes solely on Beau. Who studied me like a I was an oddity, something he's never seen before. It made my skin crawl in slight unease. The silence kept on until suddenly we were enveloped into a large hug by Annettaute.

"Oh thank the Old Ones- thank them!" She prays holding us tightly.

Everyone starts chattering excitedly, the mood suddenly shifting for the better.

"SILENCE!" Alpha Samson yells and immediately every single pack member listened.

Samson steps forward making his way towards us. Annetaute steps away into the arms of her awaiting mate. Samson stands in front of us taking me in.

"You have a mating mark upon you already." He states.

"I lost my original mate a little over a year ago. The Old Ones have blessed me with a second chance." I lie smoothly, surprising myself with how easily it came off my tongue.

The two guards who brought Beau to the bloke for death step forward and untied him and he came and stood tall beside me. Samson looked us over with calculating eyes that had my wolf rising up to the challenge making me step closer to Beau and wrap my arms around his waist. Laying my head against his chest. Beau stiffens in surprise before relaxing and hesitantly resting a palm on my hip. Samson studies for a few more moments before his stone face softens into the happiest smile I have ever seen.

"Our prayers have been ANSWERED!" He announces loudly making everyone scream, shout, and hoot in excitement.

Annetaute claps her hands, bouncing on her toes, from her own excitement. Her mate eyes sparkling with amusement, kissing her brow lovingly. They were the first to approach us. Annetaute throws her arms around Beau who holds her tightly back, keeping in mind of her large pregnant stomach. When he sat her down her mate came p and patted his back in congratulations. And before I knew it I was caught in a nearly bone crunching bear hug from Annetaute.

"Thank you so much for existing." She whispers holding onto me tightly.

I grimace and slowly wrap my arms around her. But all this sudden affection had my wolfs hair standing on end. My pack wasn't that touchy feely. Sure we hugged our parents and siblings- but only the bare minimal. They only time we got... touchy was with our mates. Even then we kept the PDA till when we were alone.

"... No problem- I'm just overjoyed that the Old Ones have... graced me with this second chance." I reply hoping she would release me soon.

"Gods I'm so happy." She exclaims spinning away from me to hug on of her random pack members.

"... Thank the Old Ones." Her mate prayers coming up in front of me.

"Thank the Old Ones." I agreed and he smiles.

"I'm Hisensei, looks like we'll be family soon. Welcome to the family Emmaline." He introduces wrapping his arms around me and lifting me up off the ground before twirling us around.