C H A P T E R - 3

The sun was sinking towards the horizon, like an angry orange ball as the evening shadows slipped up the hills drowning the world into the hued darkness of blue and violet.

Tiredly leaning on the headboard of her bed with the duvet pulled up to her chest, Rajeswari gazed at her son who was gingerly checking her blood pressure and passed on the cuff and measuring unit to his wife after he was satisfied that her blood pressure had lowered to normal.

"Avlodhan. Inime namma Nethra vayum Anya vayum Sana kitta pesa pazhaga vida koodadhu" she said weakly.

(That's it. Hereafter, we shouldn't let Nethra and Anya to communicate with Sana)

"Muttal ava" Dharma hissed tauntingly.

(She's a stupid)

Rajeswari shook her head in denial, her eyes dilating in ire, "Muttal illa. Bayangara gettikaari".

(She isn't stupid. She's very brilliant)

Her face gradually turned concerned as she voiced out, "Neenga yosichi paarunga, idhu namma Aryan mela evlo pressure podum?"

(Think, how pressurizing will it be for Aryan?)

She had tattooed his name on her skin as if he was hers. What if Aryan was held responsible for all that she was doing? Wouldn't he feel stressed at her for involving him out of nowhere without his consent?

Menaka frowned, "Oruvela Aryan um avala nesika vaippu iruku la. Ava ivlo dhoorathuku poiruka na...".

(What if Aryan loves her too. When she has gone this far...)

There could be chances. It was not like a girl would randomly go tattoo a guy's name without any sort of stable assurance or reciprocation.

"Menaka, neenga yenna Aryan ah Sana ku kalyanam panni vekkalam nu yosichittu irukeengala?" Rajeswari sulked at Menaka disapprovingly.

(Are you planning to marry off Aryan to Sana?)

Sighing, Menaka started, "Illa illa apdi yedhuv-"

(No no not like th-)

"Apdi nenachu kooda paakadhinga. Aryan ku Anya irukumbodhu, innoru ponnode paer eh eduka koodadhu" interrupted Rajeswari's stern command.

(When Aryan had Anya for him to marry, there's no need to take another girl's name)

Sighing wearily, Rajeswari's features turned into utter despondency, "Avaru paer ye pacha kuthi vechirkaanga...inime namma veetu pasanga yaarum Ayodhya pogakoodadhu".

(She has gone upto the extent of tattooing his name...We shouldn't let our kids to Ayodhya)

She had raised the three children lovingly, who would oblige as she orders and she was certain to not  get them spoilt with Sana's friendship.

But Menaka couldn't relax. It was partially related to her son too. All she has been seeing is judging and chastising Sana. No one seemed to be concerned about Aryan's say on the issue, neither his wish nor his opinion.

"Appo namma Aryan kitta keka kooda koodaadha?" She voiced out reluctantly, clearing her throat.

(Shouldn't we ask Aryan too?)

Rajeswari was visibly displeased at Menaka for speaking against her. Stressing on each word, she uttered, "Anya va valarthadhu naan. Nalludhu kettadhu laam solli valarthirken. Gunamaanavanga, azhagaanavanga".

(I was who brought uo Anya. I had raised her teaching the difference between good and bad. She is obedient and beautiful)

Her boastful description about Anya was enough for Menaka to learn that she had taken her decision. She didn't care about what Aryan felt. She smirked sardonically. This woman makes her realise everytime that she had lost her say in her son's life long back.