C H A P T E R - 1

Upon the spring day, the fresh and gentle breeze wrapped around the green hills like a sweet fragranced petal. The day was warm and light, embracing the sense of freshness that abounded.

The Megamalai hills rose as if they were piano keys creating a divine song. The pure romance between the beautifully dense clouds and the majestic mountains, playfully kissing each other was the proof that earth was indeed happy.

They weren't hesistant to show the world that they were deeply in love, snuggling together as the delightful blanket of mist covered the untouched beauty.

Buildings of british colonial days, sprawling tea and cardamom plantations lining both sides of the roads, gorgeous estates and the six eye-catching dams rolled down the prestine hills, forming a breath-taking idyllic setting on nature's lap.

And then there was Ayodhya, the serene place at the hills owned by the prestigious pedigree, the family of Narayanan, the wealthiest and most compassionate man in the region.

The extravagant villa was located at the top of the hill, surrounded by lush greenery under the shade of the clouds, with big gardens, fountains and pools that talked about the rich and lively history of its residents.

The bright eyed villa peaked beneath the honey-brown thatch, sat in the landscape as a freckle in the brown, blending in so naturally with the nature.

"Romba nalladha pochu. Ippo neenga yenna panreenga, Ravi kitta solli ella shaami kebab um ore alava iruka nu paarunga. Apram murgh musallam oda kaal ingayum angayum pogakoodadhu, apdi edhaavadhu aachu na avara velai ya vittu thookiruven. Ponga poi koodaye irundhu paathukonga" instructed the strictly bold voice of Rajeswari, the head-woman of the family, Narayanan's lovable little sister, walking along the foothpath of the pool.

(Good and well. Now go check with Ravi if all the shaami kebabs are of the same shapes and sizes. Also, the legs of murgh musallam shouldn't point here and there, if anything of that sort happens, I'll fire him. Now get going and have an eye on him.)

The servant instantly ran back to the kitchen set up for them to finish off the job he was ordered.

"Vaanga athai" Dharma welcomed his aunt excitedly, respect oozing out in his voice.

(Welcome home aunt)

"Vanakkam" Rajeswari replied in a humble demeanour.

(Hello)

"Sonna maariye vandhuteengale" Dharma clasped his palms together, smiling.

(You are here as you promised)

"Naan unga kitta sonnen la, nerathuku vandhuruven nu" she replied proudly. "Seri yenga ellarum..?"

(I told you I'll be on time)

(Where are others?)

"Athai, ungaluku theriyadhadha? Ponnunga vishyam. Ingayum angayum odittu irukaanga. Veede viruviruppa iruku. Enakku dha onnum purila.." Dharma explained animatedly as two maids walked down the stairs to the lawn with two heavy lehengas raised up in their hands.

(Aunt, nothing that you don't know. Its about the women. Someone runs here while someone else runs there. The house looks lively but I don't understand such things..)

"Irunga irunga..." Rajeswari stopped them to have a look at the attires.

(Wait, wait...)

"Ufoo! Idhu...yenna thuni idhellam. Inime ivanga kooda bazaar ku naan dha poganum pola...seri neenga ponga" she remarked at the multicolored lehenga in shades of red, blue and yellow held by the first maid, grumpily turning the cloth side by side. Dharma let out a soft chuckle at her disappointed face.