Obanai Iguro

Word Count : 555

Obanai was born September 15, into a clan of thieves who lived off an excessive amount of riches that had been stolen from those who had been killed by the Demon that they worshiped. This Demon took the form of a woman with an appearance of a snake'ish lower body and face, and had a great taste for newborn babies, which is what the family sacrificed to her in exchange for their riches.

As the first boy born into the family for 370 years, Obanai lived out all of his days locked in a wooden cage being spoiled by his family, who insisted on bringing him so many plates of rich food that he became sick of it due to the overly pungent odors of the food and the poor ventilation of his room. The Serpent Demon also took a liking to Obanai, since he was a rare male child with heterochromia, and would spend the nights slithering around his cage in the dark and staring at him, which frighted Obanai so much that he couldn't sleep. 

When he turned twelve, Obanai was finally allowed to leave his cell for the first time in his entire life. He was taken into a room that appeared to be an expensive shrine, and put face to face with the Serpent Demon for the first time, immediately causing him to shake in fear and terror at the demon's appearance and the realization that this was the very same thing slithering in his room staring at him every night of his life. The Demon remarked that Obanai was very small, and wondered to herself if she should wait to eat him until he was a little bigger. Deciding that she would, she organized his mouth to be cut wider, all the way to his ears, to match hers due to her "liking" him. The blood that he shed from this procedure was then collected into a chalice that she then drank from like fine Sake.

After the procedure was done Obanai was placed back in the cell with bandages wrapping the entirety of his lower jaw. Knowing he had no other choice Obanai decided to try and escape. He did so by beginning to scratch away at the lattice of his cell with a stolen hairpin he took from one of his relatives. As the weeks ebed on he was terrified of someone realizing what he was trying to do. But the night he had scratched enough lattice away he slipped through and ran into the night hoping no one had noticed his departure. Unluckily for him however the Demon his family worshiped noticed immediately and killed his entire family out of rage. Not long after it followed behind Obanai. As the Demon closed in onto the boy a stream of light and fire appeared. It was Kyojiro Rengoku's father Shinjuro, the Former Fire Hashira killed the Demon with one blow. Leaving Obanai to be one of the last survivors of his bloodline. The other was one of his cousins who resented Obanai immediately and yelled at the boy saying that he should have been killed by the Demon instead of his entire family. This hurt Obanai immensely, however his cousins words also sparked something in him. It inspired the black haired boy to become a demon slayer.