Chapter Seven: The Mysterious Weirdo-Note-Guy ~Aylee~

The ringing of the bell snaps me back to reality. After a week of this bell already, I swear it's haunting my dreams. All of the other students had already begun to creep towards the door, so in seconds I was the only one left in the room beside the professor, who gave me a look of displeasure before turning back to whatever he was doing. Probably grading someone's paper.

"Hey Aylee? You coming?" I hear Zeldon call from outside the door.

"Yeah– just give me a minute!"

I start to gather my things, but as I pick up one of my notebooks, a small slip of paper falls out and onto the ground.

Meet me at the fields at 8. I need to talk to you.

I flip it over and check the back to make sure that I hadn't missed anything, but it's just blank.

Why wasn't there a signature? And why would this strange person ask me to meet them at night?

Since the note didn't say a name, I deemed this mysterious and incredibly vague elf Weirdo-note-guy. From now until the end of eternity.

I shove the note back into my notebook and sprint out the door to find Gwen and Zeldon talking together outside the door.

"What took you so long? Did something happen?" Gwen asked carefully.

"Nothing much, just someone leaving a weird note in my notebook without my permission," I say with a straight face and a shrug. Their eyes widen as their thoughts escalate.

"WHAT?!"

"WHO IS IT?!!

"HOW DID IT GET THERE?!"

"WH-"

"Guys, please calm your thoughts for a second," I tell the two as I rub my temples after their screaming mental voices filled my mind.

They immediately calm down and mutter sorry under their breath.

I shake my head, "It's not your fault. Let's just get to class and we can talk about this later,"

They both nod in agreement and we set off to our next hour of pain and suffering.

"For the last time, Zeldon, I do not know who Weirdo-note-guy is, or what he wants. But I can be pretty sure that they're not going to use me to send the school into space." I told him, trying to resist the calling to bash his head with a notebook. Or a shoe.

"Hey! I never said that!"

"But you thought it,"

He slumps down in his seat in defeat, mumbling something about how annoying my telepathy powers are. I choose not to elaborate on the subject-- even though I was perfectly capable of telling him that he can exceed that level of annoyance without breaking a sweat. And he can do it without having a constant headache. We were sitting in the library, trying to get some work done as we talked about it.

"Are you going to go?" Gwen asks, concern woven through her words. I sigh.

"Maybe? I mean, it is kind of late, but I don't see what harm it could do."

"But what if-"

"Relax Gwen, it's probably nothing anyway. I'll be in and out,"

She nods, but obviously still isn't convinced. Shrugging, I turn back to my work without another word.

✧✧✧✧✧

The sun was starting to set, painting the sky in a beautiful orange as a cold breeze blew through my hair. The quadracross fields were completely empty, not like that's any surprise. I let out a scoff.