You Need Somewhere To 'Live' -Chapter 1

Notes

Okay just a disclaimer, Some of the members might be a bit out of character. This is supposed to be a crack fic, and it's hard to do that with Batman being suspicious all the time and the entire league being super protective over their identities. (It's kind of hard to be adopted if you don't meet who is under the mask.)

This idea popped into my head and I love this so much! I am so excited to write more of it, enjoy! <3

The story cover is mine :D

---

This was not how Danny was expecting his day to go. He had been helping out the Justice league for the last two weeks with a ghost crisis. Apparently, portals had been opening up all over Metropolis. So... he decided to come in and help them out seeing as they had absolutely no idea what was going on, or how to deal with these things.

Apparently, they had a guy... Constantine? come in for a bit. Danny didn't think too much about it. But they were practically a fish out of water when it came to dealing with ghosts. The Justice League had obviously never helped him before in his town. But he honestly didn't blame them. With all of the propaganda around the 'world's most haunted town', they were likely to think it was fake. Most do.

So he flew over to Metropolis and kinda dealt with the problem for them. It started a bit apprehensive... Scratch that, very apprehensive , another ghost helping them try to stop the other ghosts! Who had heard of such a thing? And then the whole, your practically a child part of the debate. Which Danny just rolled his eyes at. He was the only one that was able to come and help them, and they all knew it.

But after a while they got it cleared up. All the ghosts back in the zone, and the portals started becoming less frequent. But now it seems the Justice League has been talking to him more. And he was worried about them pulling him in on missions and stuff in the future. Not that he'd mind that really, I mean working with the Justice League! Not like he would become a member though. Just an ally. But Tucker would flip!

And it would certainly help out his protection obsession. But that would also cause them to think that they need to help him in return at his haunt back home. And that was definitely a no-go. They have no idea how ghosts really work and it would just cause more and more problems for him.

While there were random ghosts invading the city before, all you had to do was fight them and capture them to take them home. But if they would have no idea about stuff like territory battles, and haunts.

They especially wouldn't understand the whole frenemy thing that most ghosts have going on. Honestly, Danny has been smashed through a brick wall by the lunch lady right before she handed him an invite to her baby shower for Box Lunch and told him to have a nice day. And he has had times where Skulker would try and chop off his head, mount it on his wall, yadda yadda, But then a few minutes later he would be giving Danny self-defense tips. (Even though Skulker claims that it's to make the fight equal)

But it was just like that. That's how the ghosts acted around each other. At a ghost's throat one second and helping rescue each other from hunters the next fighting by their side. And it was really hard to explain to a bunch of hard-headed, indestructible superhumans who probably think they always know what is best for you. Constantine probably gave up as well by the sounds of it.

But that isn't even where it started going downhill! One of the leaguers. The flash. Had asked Danny where he –quote-unquote– "Lived." And of course, Danny had to make something up while standing in a room full of leaguers. I couldn't just give them his home address, or the fact that he had a human identity at all .

"Well, I haunt this one house. Pretty much abandoned at this point. I use that as a base of operations to go and take care of the rest of my territory." Danny shrugged.

And that was apparently the worst thing you could say to a room full of people with a hero complex longer than one of Techus' monologues. Because right after that they immediately started making plans on WHO SHOULD FREAKING ADOPT HIM!!!

Danny insisted multiple times that he was fine 'living' on his own. But it ended up falling on deaf ears. The deed was already done. Of course, they couldn't let this sweet poor innocent dead child go on haunting a house by himself with no one to take care of him. He needed parental care ASAP.

Danny was very tempted to just fly out of their space tower whatever and speed back to his haunt as fast as possible. But they would just find him. They now know where he operates and having the entire Justice League come after you and crash your territory because they want to get you a babysitter was not at the top of his list of stuff he wanted to deal with right now.

So he just sat there with his tail flicking back and forth angrily as he listened to them making a whole schedule of their custody arrangement. Danny was fifteen, almost sixteen for crying out loud!

But it was too late, a plan was already made and apparently, he was spending his first week with superman ' yippie' ... How is he gonna explain this one to Jazz?

---

Notes

Lol, please tell me if there are any situations you want to see... I would love to add them! <3