S3E7: The Bite

"Holy shit, I feel like Pietro Maximoff!" I look out the back of the little electric vehicle, watching the floor pass by in a blur.

Dustin rips down the hallways at 98 miles per hour. I lean forward, looking at the speed dial that says we're actually going about 5 miles per hour, give or take a little bit because the numbers are jumbling together.

"Jesus, slow down!" Steve complains when we hit a bump, causing us to jostle around in the back.

"Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?" Robin asks.

"It's the Indy 300," Steve wrongly corrects.

"No, Steve," I slur, "it's the Indy 5,000!"

Robin groans, rolling her head back. "No, dinguses, it's 500!"

"It's 300!" Steve holds up three fingers.

"It's 5,000!" I hold up five fingers and grab Steve's 3 fingers, pushing them down so that my 5,000 fingers are the winner. "Ha!"

"Let's say a million!" Robin suggests, and we all burst into fits of laughter.

Dustin crashes the funny little vehicle, nearly causing a five car pile up if there were five cars behind us... wait, four cars behind us.

"You guys all right back there?" Dustin turns around and asks.

He gets collective groans from us in response. I hold the side of my head where I hit it on the metal wall.

"They're fine," he decides.

In a flash (not like a bright light, just that it was, like, really fast), the back doors open, making both Steve and myself tumble out onto the hard floor, tangled up in each other. I hit the floor first.

"Ow." I rub my cheek. Steve lands on top of me. "Double ow."

Steve rubs his knee. "Triple ow..."

"Come on. We gotta go, now," Dustin says with urgency, grabbing Steve by the arms and pulling him off of me.

"This sucks," he whines.

Dustin ushers us into the elevator quickly.

"You're such a bossy pants." I pout, folding my arms over my chest and frowning at Dustin.

The elevator begins to move upward, making me, Steve, and Robin lose our footing. Steve sits down on a little cart thing with wheels. As the elevator moves, the cart rolls to the side with Steve.

His one good eye lights up. "This is fun!"

He wobbly stands up on it and holds his arms out for balance. I grab onto the handle of it and push him around, bumping into everything.

"Hey! You look like you're surfing!" Robin points out.

"Surfing! Yeah!" He cheers. "Whoa!"

"Hey, Steve the surfer, bruh!" I say with a chuckle.

"Yeah! Hang ten!" He says. "I'm a natural! Check it out!"

I pull the cart thing towards me and he loses his balance, causing him to face plant on the floor. Robin and I look at each other and burst into laughter.

She points at him with both fingers. "Wipeout!"

I throw my arms above my head. "Ooooooh."

Dustin walks over to the Stevie Boy on the floor and places his hand on his forehead. "He's burning up," Doctor Dustin diagnosis.

Steve tries to swat his hand away. "You're burning up."

Robin and I sit down, watching the curious pair doing peculiar things.