Memories

King Sombra's P.O.V:​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

"Will she live?" I asked as I looked at her unconscious form. I made eye contact with the doctor. "Please tell me she will, please!"

He had sorrow in his voice as he said, "I'm sorry, Sombra. We did our best...but the wounds were too deep to heal. She...We couldn't save her."

"No!" I cried as I collapsed. "No! No! No! This can't be happening. It can't be happening!" I stood and asked, "What killed her?"

I followed the doctor into a room and he showed me a picture. It was... "What is that?"

"It's an ice timberwolf. They're much more dangerous than their cousins in the Everfree forest, because if they make a single wound on a pony, the pony dies." he informed me.

A day after her funeral, I walked to the library, determined to find out more about this ice timberwolf. So far I had found out that they could be stopped by very strong emotions.

So I went to Princess Amore and told her. She said she'd do what she can, but that was proved to be a lie when ponies started dying every day.

And then I knew that the Princess was unable to protect the Empire. She was weak, and we all would die. So I decided that I would save us all.

Turning the Princess into a statue and shattering her helped release some of my anger.

"Sombra?" I can hear somepony calling my name. "Sombra?"

It's a mare. She's got a sweet voice that reminds me of... Her.

"Sombra?" The mare continues to say my name while tapping me. "Sombra, wake up!"

I bolt up and rub my eyes to see Fluttershy.

"What happened? Why did you wake me up?" I ask.

"You were talking in your sleep, Sombra. And having some... Shouting matches. And your horn is hot. Very hot," she explains.

I put a hoof on my horn and move it away instantly, as it is burning hot.

"You might have a fever..." Fluttershy says.

I tell her, "Don't worry, I haven't got a fever. It's just that when a unicorn has dreams of the past or some unpleasant memories, they normally cause magical explosions. But because that alicorn mare took all my magic away... I was unable to do any magic. My horn kept trying to, but as I no longer possess magic, my horn was close to exploding from the heat."

Fluttershy looked confused. "So your horn got really hot when trying to produce magic and nearly exploded because you had none?"

I nod. "Yes."

"And if this keeps happening your horn will explode?"

"Yes."

Fluttershy became enraged and surprised me by stomping her hoof on the floor and angrily saying, "Then I'm going to march up to Twilight, and demand that she give you back your magic this instant!"

"There's no need to do that," I say, even though I do want my magic back.

"There is!" Fluttershy shouts. "What if your horn explodes? It'll hurt you a lot, and it'll be all because of Twilight."

"And what if this thing never happened again, and my horn doesn't explode?" I say.

"Don't you want your magic back?"

"I do, but..." I take a deep breath. "I'm almost afraid to have it back. What if I do something bad? What if I become insane with power again?"

"You're a good pony, Sombra. You won't become insane with power, and if you do, then I'll be there to save you."