Chapter 7

Reward

After Nanny Xu calmed down, Chu Yu asked the question again.

Nanny Xu smiled bitterly, "Perhaps, because back then, I didn't firmly come with her to Qinglan Court, to advance and retreat with her, in the Third Madam's opinion, it was a betrayal."

Chu Yu pretended not to understand, "But, if Nanny Xu was also confined to Qinglan Court, there would be no one to bring me good food."

There was no point in Nanny Xu suffering in Qinglan Court with them. Well, perhaps Nanny Xu could prevent the poisoning of the two of them. But the likelihood of this is not great. Qinglan Court had its own small kitchen.

  To poison, you can only tamper the vegetables and meat that were sent.

   But there is a Vegetable Garden in Qinglan Court. As long as you guard the gate of Qinglan Court and carefully check the supplies sent in, the act of poisoning will become very difficult.

  If there is no benefit proportional to risk, no one will do such a stupid thing as risking offending her father. It is most cost effective for Nanny Xu to stay outside. Even if the third lady didn't understand it at first, she should have understood after these five years.

  "Perhaps, there's also the fact that I don't think the same as she does."

  "I always thought that it was best for you to stay with the city lord."

  "You can cultivate a bond with the lord and get the best educational resources."

  "Even if you don't pass the five-yearly tests, you can still marry a good man."

 "The old master will be a earnest guardian for you, even if your husband's family is unreliable, by virtue of this long cultivated relationship, the old master will definitely stick up for you."

  "With the importance of her mother's family, Little Fish can get by in life happily as long as she doesn't make a mistake."

  "So in her mind, it's me who's going to steal you away from her."

  Nanny Xu shook her head, "Alas, what am I doing talking to you, a child, about this, you wouldn't understand."

  "Mother thinks that Nanny Xu can snatch me away?" Chu Yu deeply frowned.

  Nanny Xu was silent for a moment before she said, "Your mother was born in a small village, And when she just came of age, She was married into the city lord's house, so she does not understand many things."

  Chu Yu was silent.

  The titled Third Lady, would she be afraid that a nanny's weight in her daughter's heart would be greater than hers?

  It seemed true though. Among those dramas she had watched, young misses and young masters tended to be closer to their nannies, and were instead respectful and distant to their real mothers.

  Chu Yu did not have a child, and hence did not understand.

  ......

  When she walked into the hall where the meal was set, she saw the eight immortals dining table filled with exquisite dishes.

TL Note: Eight immortals table