part 9

The dream that Tartaglia had really caught him off guard. A young boy, running through the abyss- scared out of his mind. Yet there was a beacon of hope which raged through his body. He would escape, if it was the last thing he'd do. A warrior greeted him; a warrior who went by the name of Skirk. She looked worried- worried for Ajax's safety. The look on his face dropped as he soon noticed that Skirk was in fact not Skirk, but an imposter. He ran, and ran, and ran. Ran until his legs couldn't take him any further. He collapsed into the grass, watching as the creature picked the 14 year old up and off of the ground, letting him hang by the leg. One of its twisted claws reached the young boy's neck- only for him to wake up a few seconds later. His body was drenched in sweat, the expressing on his face changing to a quite worried look. He appeared paler than usual as he jolted up, looking around to find that he was in a room- not by himself. It was much too dark for him to see right now- causing his heart rate to rise. He sat up, attempting to use his vision but found it was no longer hooked onto his belt. A chain of cusses exited his mouth as he hopped off of the concrete slab and into one of the corners of the room, silently starting to sob.

scara woke up to childe cussing, "why are you cussing you ginge- childe!?" scara said in worry once he realized childe wasn't where he was supposed to be. he started walking around the room until he bumped into someone, "childe are you crying!?" scara said worried. "what happened!?" he never knew how much he cared for childe until this moment. the only thing scara could think of to do was hug him, he never really liked hugging people but if it came to childe he would hug him until childe doesn't want him to anymore.

As soon as Ajax found the body to the arms that cradled him, he immediately hugged back, being able to ground himself. He was in a cell with Scaramouche- the place he originally fell asleep. The harbinger continued to wrap his arms around Scaramouche's torso, his head rested over his shoulder. "I'm sorry." He mumbled under his breath, shaking his head as he could finally see where the two were. "I hate this fucking place." He continued with as he released his grip from the Balladeer, resting back against the wall as he wiped his tears. "I'm fine- don't worry about me. Just forget you ever saw that. And also if I do it again in the near future." He stated, undoing the top two buttons of his red shirt.

"don't be sorry, everyone has nightmares" scara said as he let go of him when childe decided to let go. he smiled lightly as childe brought to forget about seeing him like this, "pfft- aslong as you promise to forget about feeding me-" he says while lightly laughing.

"I know- I know. But it sucks when you're basically forced to have them." Childe sighed, his eyes stinging slightly from the tears which dripped from them earlier. He fixed his clothing, keeping the buttons undone as he looked back to Scaramouche who genuinely looked worried for him. He let out a slight chuckle, his signature snarky grin appearing on his face. "Your reaction was cute, you know. Maybe you should be the one to be called a mutt- scurrying over to the one it trusts when they're in trouble." He stated, bringing his hand up and towards Scaramouche's head, patting it in a sarcastic manor as he smiled at the other. He soon climbed to his feet, legs aching from the awkward position he slept in as he made his way back over to his own bed- sitting down on the end of it.

"first i'm not cute!? and second, i'm not a mutt!!!" scara said glaring at him, "get your hand off you asshole." he said, getting up and going to his bed. "what was the dream about anyways?"  he said genuinely curious. he never seen childe act like that at all, he didn't know a simple nightmare could hurt the other so badly. "only if you want to tell, i mean it is a nightmare i don't want you to get upset again" he said making it sound like he cares (he does care)

Tartaglia chuckled slightly at Scaramouche's reaction, watching as the other went back over to his own bed. He listened to the Balladeer question him about what what his nightmare was about. "The abyss." He simply answered, looking down at the ground. "I was going to check on my Master, though my master was actually done weird ass abyss creature who chased me and gave me the scar on my collar bone. Luckily my actual master was nearby and got rid of it before I was torn to shreds." He stated, eyes glancing up to see what Scaramouche's reaction would be.