Chapter 9

No Way Out

I looked at the her name perfectly engraved on her tombstone. I wish I was with her when she needed me the most, but all I did was wait until I see her again. Waited and waited till it was too late. I closed my eyes as tears continued ti flow from my eyes.

///

I felt a cold wind pass by.

"Kaira?" I opened my eyes and saw her walk her way towards me. She has this traces of deep sorrow in her eyes. She sat beside me

"Hi" she said with her soft and comforting sweet voice

"Hi" i said and faced her

"Not afraid?" She said as a smile on her lips was formed.

"No" I held her hands

"Well it seems like you have finally realized that my time is up" she said and pressed her hands to mine

"Yeah" i felt tears fall harder this time. She went closer to me and wiped the tears from my eyes with the back of her hand.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you let me know?" She looked down to her hands and went closer to me.

"Sorry" she said and laid her head on my chest

"Sorry for what?"

"Sorry for loving you and letting you down"

"Don't be. Please don't regret loving me, cause I love you" I hugged her and kissed the top of her hair.

"I don't regret loving you. I regret leaving you and breaking your heart. I never had the intention to do so"

"Yes, I know. But why didn't you let me know and be with you when you needed me the most" I couldn't hide the pain in my voice.

"Cause I love you. That's why. I don't want you to see me at that state. I want you to remember me not as a weak person lying on a bed."

"But didn't you realize that what you did let me feel like I'm the worst boyfriend to live on earth." I said in a low and sad voice

"Sorry. I never thought that this will happen. I thought it would be best if I let you go and not let you see me like that."

"Sorry. I can't hide this pain that's eating me up. I just can't accept that your not gonna be mine anymore "

"Yeah. Maybe there's someone better out there for you."

"Or maybe I'm not the better one for you" i saw her smile

"Cause your my best" she said

"I have another question "

"What is it?" She asked and looked up at me

"Why are you showing to me like this?"

"What this?"

"You just show up from nowhere " she laughed a bit

"Maybe nothing really changed, your still afraid of ghosts"

"Well...yeah. But I never felt fear when I'm with you" i saw her blush a bit and smiled.

"Whenever you think of me a force keeps on pulling me back to you. I don't know maybe you should let go for me to fully be free"

"What do you mean?"

"Remember the days when you saw me at our former school?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I was stuck there and learned to get out because of you. You saw me. Not physically but you saw me using your heart. Your eyes we're closed yet your heart was open and searching that's why you saw me. And every time you think of me I'm always there. Yet it had limits. "

"What limits? "

"I had only 1 hour to be with you. That was a condition from Him" she looked up like she's seeing things from above.

"That's why" why i felt like we've been together for one hour.

"That's why. He gave us an extra hour to be together. You have a heart so pure that loved me so much and I'm thankful for it. But... you should learn to let go"

"But I don't want to" I said and hugged her "I don't want to"

"Please Josh, there's no way out. It's my time and we can't change that. You should learn to let go and move on."

"But I do---"

"Shh...don't say it. It breaks my heart. Please just let me go. I love you and He gave us the time we needed. And it's time to give an end to it" tears. Tears and tears nothing more just tears

"I love you" I said

"I love you too" she pressed her soft and warm lips on mine

"Please tell them all I love them and I'm thankful to be with them and specially you. Please don't forget me cause I won't forget you." she kissed me again and we both closed our eyes...

///

I felt small drops of water falling on my face. I opened my eyes and she's gone. Rain started to fall. Seems like the weather's with me. I'll miss you and will never forget everything about you.