The birthday banquet (1)

*Clap* *Clap*

"What a lovely couple." "It makes me happy just to watch."

Psyche pov

Psyche pov

No..

How could nobody have noticed?

That isn't me. That is Lady Medea.

I should be the only one by his—

*Slide* "Don't." Marquess Helio said. "They want you to hear them. They are provoking you. Didn't I warn you about this...Medea?" He whispered. "The only thing we can do is watch."

Normal pov

"Psyche. May I have the honour of this first dance?" Eros asked taking Medea's hand as the music started playing,

After a few minutes Eros commented, "What's happening? You haven't stepped on my feet yet. How peculiar." "Haven't I improved your highness?" Medea answered. "Yes, yes. You're doing me proud on my birthday." He spinning her around. "You look quite...delighted today." Medea said observantily. "I was pondering how to give the gift I've prepared." He said. " But it's your birthday today, not mine your highness." Medea said. "  I found my purpose in life after meeting you." He answered. 'Even the crown prince knows how to sugarcoat his words.' Medea thought smiling. "So today is...the day I was born again, because of you." He said. 'And yet..you did not recognise psyche even when she stood before you.' Medea thought again.

It was gifting time now. The crown prince and princess were seated on thrones.

"Happy birthday your highness the crown prince." Jubellain and Mikhail said bowing in front of them.

Eros pov

Jubel came up to me as she held out an expensive looking jade brooch. I smiled at her. Before going back to my seat I whispered in her ear, "Meet me after this...please.." She smiled and turned her face to psyche nervously. She held out a gift box to her. If psyche was in any way going to disrespect her, I won't let her go. Psyche smiled at it and unwrapped it. There was a small container. It opened with a click. Makeup..powder? Is this going to be another new trend by her? I heard whispers across the hall for such a unique gift. I know my jubel is the best. Psyche smiled at it as she spoke, "My, the black dress you've worn is quite the exquisite one." She said naively. Also, why is Mikhail standing so close to her?!

Does she even know the hidden meaning of it...?

Medea pov

Shit! I'm so sorry Jubel! I just wanted to compliment you like a good sister. The colour drained from her face. She looked at me with teary eyes. I'm so sorry my sunshine! "Indeed, the dress is such a beautiful one, quite different and it suits my friend." He smiling at her. I hate you, but thank you for protecting her. I must apologise afterwards! The whispers of jubel wearing black on such an happy occasion died down. Mikhail you bastard, why are you smirking at her?

Normal pov

Jubellain left the banquet hall as Eros secretary came and whispered in his ear that she was on her way as well his 'businesses' were ready. Mikhail also left since he didn't want him to seen as left out by his escort.

As Jubellain reached the balcony, Eros was already standing there with a smile on his face. She closed the door with a wary expression on her face.

 She closed the door with a wary expression on her face

"Jubel, I'm sorry for what Psyche said to you. I did that because I...really love her regardless of everything. I will make it up to you, and I just needed an example to show the empire my love for her." He said with a fake sorry face. Jubellain was naïve and a little sentimental when it came to apologies. Still, her sister's life was ruined! Everything her Medi worked so hard for her entire life was gone. All the frustration, anger and betrayal she felt through the entire time finally spilled out as tears.        

Eros sighed as he pulled her into a tight hug mumbling a string of apologies.

"Shhh..don't worry it wasn't your fault.....It was mine....shhhh" Eros said calming her down. He knew that whenever she cried, it would take a while to calm her down. It was a fault that he caused to her. Still, seeing her vulnerable side after so long again felt like he was becoming more important to her which caused his arrogance and pride to grow.

"Now that you're calmed down, let's go back to the hall shall we?" Eros asked wiping of the remaining tears from her face. "Yeah...let me go to the dressing room first, I need to touch up my makeup.." Jubellain said feeling a bit embarrassed. 'I'll tell someone to keep an eye on her while I kill that bastard Mikhail.' "Sure! I'll send a maid for you." Eros said guiding her to the dressing room while Jubel turned down the offer since she needed some alone time. Eros smiled softly before kissing her forehead and going to his office.

As soon as Eros was out of sight Jubel started to wander. Where was her sister? She finally stopped when she saw a person with blonde hair and a dark purple dress getting into one balcony. 'Sister!' She thought as she ran over to that balcony.

Medea pov

"Sister!" I heard a familiar voice say. Jubel! "I'm sorry!" I said as I hugged her. "I'm so sorry for what I said earlier!" "It's alright sister." She smiled and said. *RUSTLE* both of eyes widened when we heard the sound.

"Heli. It's good to see you." I said. Helix's eyes watered as he said, "Dare I say...how much we both have missed you." He said tearing up.

With Psyche as Medea

Psyche pov

A/n I'll write part 2 later