Chapter Ten

****CAUTION: GRAPHIC MURDER AHEAD! IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH, SKIP TO CHAPTER ELEVEN****

★★★ Deep in the forest at the edge of Twin Pack territory★★★

The rogue, Daemon, finished wrapping the silver chains around Amelia and removed his thick gloves. He had already wired her jaw shut with special silver wire before chaining her down and now Amelia was spread out before him like the human sacrifices of old. Sitting down, he patiently waited for the drug to wear off- it wouldn't be too long before she woke up and the fun began. Putting a few more sticks onto the small fire beside him, the rogue contemplated the delicate-looking form and what he would do to it.

This sacrifice was special, he'd never had a female before, so it was important that everything went perfectly. After a few minutes he noticed her starting to stir around, she wasn't quite conscious yet though so he studied her. He wanted to know the exact moment she became aware of what was going on- the moment she realized that although she was alive, she was already dead.

Searing pain brought Amelia out of the comforting darkness. Looking around in fear she saw a figure sitting beside her and a small fire. She tried to speak and ended up screaming in agony- or at least she tried to scream. What emerged from her wired jaws was more of a pitiful, weak squeak instead of the ear-shattering scream she'd intended. A malicious laugh came from the shadowy figure.

"I wouldn't advise attempting to speak," Daemon said. "Unless, of course, you enjoy pain. If that's the case, your going to love the next few hours."

Getting up, he stood over her chained form. From this angle Amelia thought he looked familiar, but the pain in her mouth, arms and legs clouded her thinking. Was he a member of their pack? Why would a pack-member go rogue? Amelia tried unsuccessfully to contact someone through the pack's link. With that failure, she knew that no one would save her; she was going to die tonight. Praying to the Goddess that Cory and Cassiopeia had escaped somehow, she glared up at her killer.

"I see that you've realized why you are here, what's going to happen to you tonight. Just in case you have any doubts though, let me clarify. You are bound at the wrists and ankles with silver chain, your jaw has been wired shut with a special silver wire, the drug in your system prevents any communication through the pack-link and inhibits your wolf. Basically my poor dear, you're fucked. And the night's only just began."

Amelia prayed to the Goddess that she could endure what was coming with dignity, she wanted to show this rogue- this murderer of her friends and pack members- that Twin Pack wolves were strong. Determination settled throughout her body. This strange, yet familiar, killer could and would break her body- but she prayed he would never break her spirit.

"No need to delay, I've got two more of your pack to finish tonight," he said as he knelt down and proceeded to cut off Amelia's clothes. Finished, the rogue pulled the different pieces off her body until Amelia was laying naked before him. "I'm going to make this night one to remember- especially for those damn twins. When they find your body- what's left of it- they will have no one to blame but themselves."

Kneeling between Amelia's spread legs, Daemon laid an assortment of tools on her flat belly and beside her. Raising her head she saw a hunting knife, wire cutters, scalpels, locking pliers, a hammer, a hacksaw and more. Amelia started panicking at the thought of what this monster would do to her with these tools. Scenes from horror movies flew through her head at a dizzying speed, causing her stomach to roll with nausea and her bowels to liquefy.

Glancing up into the rogue's eyes, she saw anticipation and hatred. A faint memory tickled the back of her head; she'd definitely seen him before. With the firelight illuminating his face Amelia tried to concentrate, struggling to remember where and when she'd seen him. The memory never solidified and with a grunt of pain, she finally laid her head back onto the cold, hard ground.