Chapter 5 The Confession

While you and Gareth enjoy your burgers and fries you both finally get to really know each other.

You both love music and buy cassette tapes whenever you can. He asks if you have seen any bands live and was enamored as you listed ones you seen while counting on both hands.

You mention how you and your old group of friends would take the bus to Indianapolis to see bands like Rush, Alice Cooper, Joan Jett, Billy Idol, and of course Heart. "I miss going to concerts. Nothing really comes to Hawkins". Gareth nodded in agreement.

His eyes lit up then asked if you like to see his band play at The Hideout. You initially were excited but realized that your stepdad Mark might be one of the drunks that he mentions is in attendance at their shows.

You notice him coming home plastered around midnight usually twice a week.

"If you need a ride I can pick you up."

You tell him that you'll try your best to make sure you see him play sometime soon.

You also learn a lot about Gareth. Besides being a big heavy metal fan he also loves watching movies. He mentions how sometimes him and his friends will spend all day watching movies and eating junk food.

He also divulged how he was on the local news when he was eight years old for saving a drowning kitten in a lake.

"Yep, I heard this constant meowing and looked over and saw this little orange kitten trying to swim for his life. I didn't even bother to take off my shoes. My parents couldn't see what I was swimming towards but I remember hearing them yelling my name in the distance. I kept swimming until I was able to catch the poor little thing. Next thing I know the news crew was there asking me a million questions."

"So what happened to the kitten?"

"Oh, some lady and her daughter asked if they can take him home."

Y/N raised her glass of Dr. Pepper and said, "Gareth you wear many hats. Tutor extroinare, Hellfire member, drummer, and hero to kittens. Here here!"

He could no longer play it cool anymore. He was smiling from ear to ear. You both were laughing so hard the other customers were giving you both dirty looks.

"Hey y/n apparently your good at making people crack up at the lunch and dinner table!" With that remark you started laughing so hard tears were running down your face.

"By the way what was so funny that caused Dr. Pepper to come out of your nose?"

"Well Ashley was looking at Eddie and noticed the rings he was wearing. She wanted to know how those rings would feel on her bare skin."

"I don't get it." Gareth says while eating a French fry

"I don't know how to say it without sounding like a pervert."

"Now I definitely need to know y/n!"

"Well. Most peoples hands are warm right? Well the rings they wear might still feel cold. So imagine if somebody with warm hands and cold rings touches a part of your body. It might feel good."

Gareth is wearing two simple metal rings. Not elaborate skulls that Eddie has. But you still think they look cool. Both on his right hand. One of his index finger and the other on his thumb.

Gareth then says, "I have rings on. You want to see if it's true?"

You lay the underside of your forearm facing up on the table. You figured the underside is much more sensitive.

Gareth is trying to play it cool but inside he is freaking out.

He gently wrapped his right hand around your arm.