Chapter 14 - Back to Konoha!

Sakura POV:

WATCHING NARUTO AND Inari cry at the bridge was not what we all wanted to see when we get sent off. I sigh in irritation, you get no peace or quiet around here. Literally. Tazuna decided to name the Bridge The Great Naruto bridge for some reason. I walk over to Naruto and grab the back of his collar and pick him up. I drag him over to our team and we wave off the people at the bridge before we stop at the sound of someone voice.

"Akari!" Tazuna shouted. Akari looked back confused and Tazuna gestured her to come over to him. She shrugged before walking over and he says something. Akari looks sheepish before waving her arms out refusing something. He just looked at her softly, whispering something  and hugged her. I see her tense up before she pats his back awkwardly. I chuckle at her, guess she isn't used to that much physical contact. Tazuna releases Akari and she walks over to us waving back at Tazuna and his family.

"What did Tazuna call you over for?" I ask Akari, walking next to her. She looked at me with wide eyes, before looking down chuckling slightly. I tilt my head at her. "Tazuna said Thank you for jumping in the way of the blade." She said, faltering slightly. "Well it was a idiotic move" She looked at me dumbfounded. "But it was brave of you so I'll give you that." She just shakes her head with a small smile. I look ahead at the others, Naruto and Sasuke are bickering about something while Kakashi reads his stupid orange book. "God this is so boring." I whine. Akari looks at me before her eyes glint with mischief. She leans over to me and whispers in my ear. "Watch this" sending shivers down my spine. I look at her and nod.

She sneaks over to Kakashi as quietly as she can before snatching his book. Kakashi looks dumbfounded before gaining a tick mark. "Akari give me my book back!" He scolded her, gaining the attention of our team. Akari started running around waving it in the air. "Maybe if you payed attention to your surroundings, your old brain would realise I was sneaking up on you." She teases Kakashi. He gains another tick mark before starting to chase after Akari. She widens her eyes and starts running even faster. I burst out laughing. I watch as Kakashi grabbed her by her foot and she hangs upside down with the book in her hand. I calm down as Kakashi tries to grab it with his other hand but she just moves it out of his way. Naruto and Sasuke watch with a sweatdrop as Akari waves his book in front of his face before moving it before Kakashi can grab it.

Naruto and I burst out laughing again as she hit the book on top of his head and Sasuke manages a small smile out the corner of my eye. Akari uses a replacement technique with a stone before jumping up on a tree branch. "Alright let's see what you have been reading." She said slowly opening the book. Kakashi stands frozen with widened eyes. She clears her throat before starting to read it. "Oh, how I wish we could be together for ever. Yuu said." She continues for another 15 seconds before she stops talking and her eyes shoot wide open as she continues to read. She gains a blush on her face. Kakashi snapped out of his trance before he shushin'd over to Akari and snatched the book back. But she just stares of into the space with wide eyes, blushing and Kakashi throws her over his shoulder. He starts scolding her for stealing his book. She snaps out of it and thrashes away from Kakashi's hold and jumps over to me.

She hides behind me and points at Kakashi. "Get away from me you perv!" She shouted and clutches my shoulders. I look at her confused before I see Kakashi's face burst into a flaming red. He tries to explain himself but she shakes her head. "What happened Akari?" I ask her, she looks at me with wide eyes and said. "HES READING ICHA ICHA-" She shouted. I look at her with wide eyes before looking at Kakashi with disappointment. "You read Icha Icha in public?" I said. Sasuke blushes at the conversation while Naruto looks confused. "What's Icha Icha." He asked, tilting his head. "It's po-" Akari said before I cut her off by putting a hand over her mouth. "DONT TELL HIM! BAKA HES STILL INNOCENT!" I whisper-shouted at Akari.