.:Chapter 8 - In Ruins:.

The manic laughing of the Irish rat himself filled the air as he swung at the boxing bag, while King Hippo held the bag up for him to hit. Don Flamenco leant against the nearby wall and watched as he twirled the rose in between his fingers. Aran laughed in delight as he threw more hard hitting punches at the bag, “Aye, Twinkletoes!” he called, “Ya see that!?”

No reply. “Donnie?” Aran asked, turning around to his friend. The Spaniard still didn’t respond. He was deep in thought. “Oi!” Aran called, finally snapping Don out of his own world. The Spaniard jolted in surprise at his friend's voice and chuckled nervously as he turned to him. “O-oh!, Lo siento Aran” Don said, “Si, si, yes your punches were…were great!” he lied. Aran wasn’t having it. “Oh bollocks that” he yelled, “I know you weren’t watching! What’s up with’cha?” 

“Oh…well…” Don trailed off, scratching the back of his neck. “Well?” Aran asked, impatient. Don sighed, “...I’ve been thinking about this whole, Kid Quick situation and-”

“Ugh, dude, not you too,” Aran groaned, “Don’t worry about it, it’s long gone and done with”

Don gave a half-hearted nod, “Si…but this whole thing with the guys…” he trailed off, flinging his hands around in annoyance, “Don’t you think it’s pretty annoying that whenever they mention him, or more so whenever WE mention him they flip their lid?”

Aran went to argue, but ultimately found himself recalling the events of Monday. How most of the guys, with the exception of Hugger, were berating Mac for something akin to that of something from 10 years ago. How every time he and Don were to mention his name the guys would yell at them to shut their gobs. How tense Doc would get if they asked ANYTHING about him. Suddenly Aran stopped arguing and looked at Don with wide eyes.

“Hey…hey yeah!” Aran said, “Yeah! It is! Isn’t it Hippo?”, “Hmrgh-hmm” Hippo replied.

“It isn’t fair how we aren’t allowed to even say his name and how WE are the ones in the wrong for everyone throwing a tizzy!”

“How Mac was at the receiving end of verbal assault for something he had no intention of doing and was MAGICALLY supposed to know that was bad!”

“Yeah! And how secretive they act around it! It’s a whole Mr Dream situation all over again-”

Suddenly, an ominous thundering noise and flicker of the lights occurred. Aran bit his lip as Don shot him a look. “Sorry, THAT one…we don’t bring up” Aran apologized. Don rolled his eyes and scoffed, “Honestly what’s the big deal with it anyways? Was it SOOOO Tragic that we’re forbidden to EVER bring it up?”

“Well there’s obviously a reason, maybe we ask the fellas about it?” Aran suggested. Don gave him a look of disbelief, stammering in confusion at the ridiculous idea his friend has proposed. “Are you NUTS!?” he asked, grabbing Aran by his hair, the latter wincing in pain. “We can’t ask them! Do you not recall what happened to Mac!?” Don whisper-yelled. Aran only growled as he snatched his hair from Don’s grasp, “Well it was JUST a suggestion!” he spat, “No need to get huffy, but how else do you want us to find out?”

“There has to be a better way BESIDES having our asses torn to shreds!”

“We can either get our asses torn or not know at all! Your pick Donny boy”

“Oh, Dios mío, eres un PUTO imbécil.”

“Oi ya fecking eejit, I’m trying! At least I suggested something! Dinnae see yerself givin' anything useful!”

Suddenly, Hippo grunted a mixture of words. Of course since this was Hippo, what they were saying was incomprehensible. So naturally, Don and Aran were left gobsmacked. “What the feck are you saying?” Aran asked, cocking an eyebrow. Hippo groaned and rolled their eyes before gesturing to Don. Both men shook their heads, “Lo siento amigo todavia no lo se” Don replied.