.:Chapter 4 - Meet Parker:.

“Wow, I can’t believe they changed the banners for the circuit" Giovanni said with a laugh, "Admittedly, it looks better", "Yeah, I guess" Dean said, half-heartedly listening as he looked around. He and Giovanni had arrived only a few minutes ago and already he was having second thoughts. He wasn't able to take in the change that he saw without constant worrying that someone might have seen him. 

Dean wore his usual clothes underneath a heavy, black hoodie, with the hood always slung over his face, and a bandana around his mouth. He wasn’t very recognizable, which was why Mac didn’t question him at first. But it didn’t change the lingering feeling of guilt he felt. Hiding away from the people he knew and had seen as family for so long. It was horrible but…he just needed the time away. Surely they understood that? Yes. Yes of course they would. They wouldn’t be that petty…right? Dean gently gripped the bandanna over his mouth and pulled it down under his chin, “This feels wrong” he said. Giovanni looked at the boy and sighed, "Come on, son" he said quietly, "At least try to enjoy this…it might be your only chance", "I'm really trying G…but what if someone sees me?" Dean replied. "Don't worry" the older man said, grabbing the boy firmly by the elbow, "No one will see you, I promise"

"It still doesn't feel right…" Dean replied, Giovanni gave him a small smile, "They haven't seen you in years son…plus given all the whooping they've had over that time…their memory of you might be a bit…well…not all there" the older man brought the young boy in tight.  

"Dean?" 

"Ah shit" 

Both guests turned to see Mac making their way over to them. Dean was somewhat relieved that it was only his friend, but his nerves didn't settle by much."It IS you!" The younger boy whisper-yelled, "I thought you…y-you told me you could never-", "I-I had a…a change of mind…" Dean explained quietly, Giovanni nodding in affirmation, "Si! We've dressed him up so the others don't recognize him", "Don't do much for the NERVES though" Dean retorted under his breath. 

"Well, I'm glad you're here" Mac said happily, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Dean gave a slow exhale of content as he gripped Mac's hand loosely on his own. Standing with Mac now, everything felt a lot less pounding on his nerves. He looked around and was finally able to take in the changes Giovanni spoke of. He wasn't fond of the banners but he didn't feel right saying anything. "Thanks, Lil bro" he said quietly, "I'm glad to be here too, I think…feels nice to be…back"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah…seriously"

"Does that mean you'll come to my match this Friday?"

"Eh I don't know…not yet…maybe?…b-baby steps I think"

Mac nodded, again, not the answer he was looking for, but certainly better than what he was getting yesterday. The young boy smiled and brought his friend into a small hug, The older tried to shove him off but eventually he gave in to the embrace and put an arm around his friend in return. Giovanni smiled, it had been a while since he had seen the older boy smile that way, he knew that this was where he needed to be. Yet Dean was still afraid of even being here. Just standing in the building itself now made the big clam up. But Giovanni knew the boy would grow out of the funk, he just needed the time.

"Mac! Où es-tu?" A voice echoed, "Doc is looking for you", "Shit, Joey" Mac exclaimed, "You need to go if you don't want him to see you", "Indeed, Forza ragazzo mio, prima che veniamo scoperti" Giovanni said, grabbing Dean's arm and making his way towards the exit. But Dean didn't move. Even with the constant yanking and nagging from the older man, and the lingering fear of seeing one of his 'uncles' after so long. Dean felt his body unwilling to move, unwilling to go with the tugs. Instead, he found himself grabbing the bandanna around neck and lifting it over his mouth once again, slowly approaching the man, with Mac in tow. The frenchman caught a glimpse of the two boys and tilted his head in confusion at the sight of the taller, lankier boy. “H-Hey, Joey,” Mac greeted, eyes nervously darting between Joe and his friend, “Salut, Mac…who’s your friend?” The Frenchman asked.