04

Terrance didn't get the chance to see Zed after that, He was pulled along to the cafeteria. He relented after a few minutes; he couldn't stand around and wait to see if he came back. For all he knew Zed got expelled for even leaving the basement.

He was eating with Addison and Bree since he had no other friends. He wasn't really paying attention to them; he was reading the original Coraline book. "Hello students, this is principal Lee as you may have heard Zombie students are now allowed to eat in the cafeteria." There was a murmur of disapproval, "Ugh just deal with it."

They walked in with Zed and Eliza leading the pack. Terrance smiles seeing that Zed was okay. They walked all the way to the back by the trash cans, but they didn't look mad, more thrilled. Terrance suddenly found Zed much more interesting than his book

"I just love the thought of flying through the air, oh my god oxygen is so overrated." Terrance gave her a weird look just as Zed turned to look at him. "And so is dirt, ugh I hate doing the dishes, but I love Soap. Isn't it weird," Bree looked at Addison who was looking at Terrace with a smirk.

"Terry? Are you okay?" she asked slyly.

"My heart is racing, and my palms are sweaty," he answered. His face turned red, and he buried himself back in his book.

"Oh no you have the flu."

"No," Addison shook her head with a laugh, "He has a crush, It's Zed. Isn't it?" Terrance peaked over his book, his brown eyes shining with fear.

Bree spared a look at the zombie and turned back wide eyed, "Wait you like him. You can't like a Zombie." That made him feel good honestly, Bree being more worried about it being a zombie then another boy.

"I'm not going to," He said quietly, "Boys don't date in Seabrook." He answered shortly, he felt like his social battery was draining more and more by the second. "He probably doesn't even remember my name."

"Terrance," He called from across the cafeteria, and waved. Everyone paused and Eliza saw the boy tighten his grip on the book in his hands.

"Well, you can't be rude." Addison said, pushing him up with a smile, ignoring Bree's pleas for her not to. She grabbed his arm despite his shaking head. She managed to pull him up to the table. He stood stiffly next to Addison with a scared look on his face. "Hi um," and Addison proceeded to try and greet them in Zombie.

"I'm pretty sure that's not right," Terrance whispered.

"He's right, you just thanked me for rubbing peanut butter on your umbrella," the Zombies giggled.

"Oh, um I meant welcome to the cafeteria."

"Thanks."

Bonoz held his hands out to the cheerleader and opened it showing her an apple he cut into a flower. "That's so cool," Terrance said, smiling at Bonzo.

Addison picked it up with a smile, "Thank you."

"Okay, why is perky von cheer stick here?" Eliza said, "And the book hermit." Terrance gave her a look not sure if he should be offended or not. "The point of having our own table is to avoid people like them," it was an insult.

"Oh no I just wanted to say thank you for rescuing me-" she was pulled away by Lacey and Stacy, "Excuse me."

Terrance glanced back trying to make himself appear as small as possible, "Don't see me, don't see me," He whispered to himself.

Zed noticed the boy panicking and saw one of the other cheerleaders coming towards him. "There's actually one walking up right now," he told him. Terrance's eyes clenched shut. Zed didn't like this, not at all, he stood up and grabbed Terrance's arm making the cheerleader stop in fear. He pulled the boy out of the cafeteria.