Chapter 1 The Dr. Pepper Stare

~Hey everyone! This is my first fan fiction.
I saw a person comment on Facebook how they wish The Duffer Brothers would do a Hellfire spin-off show before season 4 takes place. That way people can get to know Eddie and his Hellfire friends beforehand. After all, we barely got a chance to know them.

That idea made me think of this fanfic. So between my love of this show and John Hughes movies, it inspired me to write a story about Gareth from a different perspective. ~

*Your alarm goes off.*
"Fuuuuck."
Y/N peels themselves out of bed at a snails pace to get ready for school.
Y/N turns on the shower and wipes the sleep out of her eyes.

You moved to Hawkins this past summer with your mom and stepdad Mark. Mark got a job at the local plant while your mother got a job as a cleaning lady at a nearby motel. You live in a rented house on a busy street. Your mom and stepdad were not thrilled about the location but the rent was affordable and move in ready.

But this is exactly why you love your new home. You have a bicycle and being close to the library, music store, and Giovanni's Pizzeria (your new part time job) is just a short peddle away.

You also have two step sisters that live out of state. They come to stay for the summer and some holidays. Even though your mother and stepdad work really hard, money is tight. One of the reasons is because you have braces. A couple of years ago you begged your mom for them. You were self conscious about your overbite. One boy from your previous school taunted your smile. On the bright side you are so close to getting them finally removed. But in the meantime you took a job at Giovanni's to buy your own things to ease the burden from your parents.

You don't mind buying your own stuff. In fact your mom even said she can't complain about your fashion choices because your a "working woman" now.

You have been trying your hardest to get the best possible grades so you can get into college and hopefully not have to work so hard like your parents for little pay. Growing up in a working class family matures you real fast.

Y/N puts her hair in a ponytail. Going through her jewelry box she finds her favorite earrings. They are chandelier style earrings with skeleton keys hanging from delicate beaded wires. It may not be the bold, geometric shaped earrings that were in style but y/n loved them. Y/n felt ethereal wearing them. Like one of the female characters of the many fantasy novels she reads when she not working or studying.

Y/n puts on her jean jacket that is adorned with pins and patches of some of her favorite bands. KISS,  Judas Priest,  Motley Crue, Joan Jett, and her all time favorite band Heart. When y/n moved to Hawkins she wanted to radiate confidence like Heart's lead singer Ann Wilson does on stage. Y/n even had matching dark brown hair. She tried to imagine how Ann would react to the town that is Hawkins. When y/a moved there she was going to try to be more bold and take more risks but more times then not she faltered.

You catch the school bus just in time without a moment to spare. While you drive along the normal morning route you listen to your Walkman. You start your day on a good note by playing your favorite song, "These Dreams" by Heart. You close your eyes for a couple moments listening Ann Wilson sing,
"These dreams that sleep when it's cold outside
Every moment I'm awake the further I'm away..."

You finish your fourth period class before making your way to the cafeteria to lunch. You made friends with two girls named Mary and Ashley. From the outside you three were dubbed as "the quiet girls". Always kept to yourselves, soft spoken, and did not make a scene separately. But when you three were together during lunch it was quite a show. The jokes and belly laughs were sometimes so loud you catch classmates from other tables staring at you. Including the freak table AKA Hellfire a couple rows away. Eddie "The Freak" Munson was sitting at the head of the table with his elbows resting on the table, ringed adorned fingers splayed open just looking at you three and blinking with his mouth agape.

"Man, you know we're loud if Munson is looking at US in shock!" stated Mary while trying to finish her lunch before the bell rang. Ashley mimicked his body language and said matter of factly, "I wonder how those rings feel like on bare skin". That random comment sent you so far over the edge Dr. Pepper came out your nose. It happened so fast you didn't have time to brace yourself.

There was a moment of silence in the cafeteria where you looked up and everyone was looking at your drippy nose. Especially the Hellfire table. Worst part is one special Hellfire member Gareth Emerson had his body turned around and was staring right at you. Within a second the bell rang for next period. You quickly cleaned up your mess and high tailed it to Mr. Davies Trigonometry class.