♯ what the heart wants

NOTE . HELLOOOO, um been gone for a month but i thought i should give a warning that this book is almost done LMAO. maybe two or three chapters so yeahhhh. ENJOY. peace OUT.

     IT had been nearly a month since you had any contact with katsuki and his friends. despite him sobering up the next day and spamming you with texts and calls about how he wants to meet up and apologize, you needed space to clear your head.

of course, with you still being in a relationship with aizawa you both agreed to take a short break. in that time he decided to take a vacation with eri to clear his head while you did the same by staying home and working.

from another late night of working, it was terrible traffic and though normally you'd have shouta be the one to come pick you up, he wasn't here. instead, you ordered an uber but who knows how long they would arrive.

surprisingly a call from aizawa came through. you immediately answered, pressing the phone to your ear, "hello?" he spoke, voice evidently tired.

"hey," you smiled, "what's going on? were you sleeping?"

"no, i just got back to the hotel," he sighs, "we were at tourist attractions all day."

"that's good... i miss you guys," you frown, hanging out with them was starting to become your new normal. eri was honestly beginning to feel like a daughter for you despite never having the thought of wanting one.

"i miss you too, babe... a lot," he groans, "more than i should be."

"so do i," you spoke softly into the phone.

as much as you enjoyed clearing your head and being able to put your feelings together, shouta was someone who you foresaw in your life longterm no matter the circumstance, "when are you guys coming back home?"

"well," aizawa huffs, "tomorrow afternoon and i'll drop eri off to see her mom then i can come to see you."

you hummed, feeling the need to talk about how you were going to move forward in this relationship, "did you want to have dinner or just wanted to go out in particular?"

"no, no," shouta shakes his head as if you can see him on the other side, "honestly i'd feel a million times better if i just saw you and we talk then watch some movies or something."

you laugh but feel content that as long as the communication remains this stable then you'd have happy relationship.

"alright, well i'll let you guys rest, goodnight, i miss you."

"miss you too, babe, night."

once hanging up the phone, the sound of honking caught you off guard, not sure if your eyes were trying to throw you off by creating the illusion of someone you met on tinder a little over six months ago. this reminded you exactly of when he came to pick up a while back.

not daring to even say his name with your words caught in your throat, you quickly checked your phone to see if it was probably your uber but just like last time it wasn't.

you approach the car with slight caution as you still felt like you were hallucinating. it was a mystery to how he even knew that you were here.

"katsuki?"

"yeah," he nods, confirming your confusion, "seemed like you needed a ride," he looks ahead finding it hard to make eye contact after so long.

"how'd you know i was here?"

"uh..." katsuki rubs the back of his neck with a nervous laugh, "i may have looked at your location on imessage..."

staring blankly, you scoff then laugh, "listen, katsuki i appreciate you coming all the way over here but i already ordered—"