♯ love trumps all

THE fight between aizawa and bakugou escalated more quickly than you thought. taken by surprise, you didn't know what to do with his daughter in your hands. the next best thing was for you to order everyone to pull them apart since they were just as shocked by the sudden throwing of punches.

shigaraki and dabi had been the ones to pry shouta away from katsuki. you looked at them with a solemn expression, guiding them to the room upstairs.

once you opened the door, you set eri down who seemed to be already stirring herself awake. she didn't say much but she began to sense something bad happened when seeing her father in that condition in the hands of dabi and shiggy.

"is daddy okay?"

you nod, forcing a smile, "he's okay, he just had a little bit too much fun tonight and had a little oopsie," you explain to her, not wanting to give too much context, "wait out here and watch some tv, okay, honey? i'm gonna help daddy clean up his face."

eri nods, sitting on the one of the two beds provided and got comfortable once you switched it on to the channel she liked.

you turn back to shiggy and dabi who was no longer holding aizawa due to his brash behavior of not wanting anyone to touch him.

"thank you," you sigh, looking at your roommates, "i'll call you back in here if you need anything."

both either place a kiss on the top of your head or cheek before leaving, the silence thick in heavy between you and shouta.

you stand closer to your boyfriend, wanting to reach out and examine his face but not sure if he would push you away. being attentive to your body language, aizawa sighed, taking the first step to clasp his hand with yours.

"it's okay."

you bring him into the bathroom, shutting the door, "sit down."

doing just as you said, shouta takes a seat on the lid of the toilet, watching you quickly find the first aid kit. you push his hair out his face, frowning at the minor cuts and bleeding.

"why'd you have to go and fight him?"

"he hit me first, babe," he reasoned, "did you not want me to protect myself."

"i'm not saying that," you huffed, wiping his face, "if it was me i would've fought back too but you have your daughter here, shouta. if she was awake, the example set for protecting herself would've been violence first," you explain, "she's a sweet kid and needs to see mature responses."

"don't tell me how to manage my daughter," he rolls his eyes, pushing your hand away, "you just met her, i know how to take care of my kid."

you laugh, holding his face up firmly, "look at you," his eyes stare up at you, fury still circling around his irises, "you're drunk and saying whatever shit comes out your ass."

"fuck off," he pushes your hands away again, "it's your fault i had drink that much."

you squint your eyes at him, "it's my fault for thinking as a grown ass adult you know how much alcohol you can handle? don't pin that shit on me cause you realized what you did was immature."

"he was immature!" his voice raises, "he threw a punch at me when all we wanted to do was take eri up to bed," shouta stands up, not in the mood for you to clean him up, "why are you defending him? you should be grilling his ass for punching me in front of my daughter."

"i'm not defending him," you sigh, reaching out to hold his hand but he only pushes you away again, "i'm trying to help you set a proper example for her!  he was far more drunk than you and i'm saying that isn't something good for her to see."

"you're not her parent!" he raises a finger at you, "you couldn't fill in that spot for her even if you wanted to. i'm good father, i know what i'm doing so back off."

aizawa knows that meeting eri was a big deal. within the third month of your relationship he felt secure and ready for you to see her. with trial and error of a few relationships, even ones that lasted longer than your current one, he had never allowed them to see his daughter. this let him truly see that you were special.

seeing how well you got along with eri, of course he thought of you being another parental figure to her but the words of his drunk and angry mind let him say the opposite.

your eyes didn't water but he could see the hurt surround them upon his words. regret filled his chest and he felt that there was a chance of him losing you when seeing you throw the towel to clean up his face at him.

"wait, wait," he follows after you out the bathroom, stopping you from gathering your belongings, "i'm sorry, don't go, i..."

"you what?" you snap, pushing him back, feeling guilty for bringing this in front of eri, "i know i'm not suited for being a guardian, shouta, and i never planned on being one but i was willing to try for you."

"i... i love you."

"what?"

four months. you had been together for four months. aizawa hadn't spoken those words in years and currently knew in his heart that what he said to you was true.

you shake your head, beginning to feel teary eyed, "don't say that when you're drunk. how do i know you mean that?"

"i do, i swear," voice airy, he cups your face in his hands, watching as a tear drips down from your eyes, "don't cry, you know i see you as a parent for her, i'm sorry."

shouta wiped your tears with his thumb, "i love you," he leaned in, your noses rubbing against one another, "i'm not asking for you to say it back but just know i do."

he sealed his words with a kiss, hugging you as tight as possible once pulling away.