Confession

It was Friday afternoon. School ended a while ago, and surprisingly, no annoying things happened. Everyone was still recovering from last weekend's trip, so their adventurous spirit calmed down a bit. The weather was nice, my parents weren't home, it was as good of a day as I could have asked for, if only I didn't have to do this.

I was laying against my desk, while Teruhashi was sitting in her preferred spot on my bed, and was nervously anticipating what I had to say. I told her during our trip that I had something to say to her, but now that the time has come, I'm having second thoughts. It's a lot harder than I thought when it's my very own timeline at stake, and my powers are still active so there is no choice but to believe me.

"Uhm, Saiki? You've been very quiet for a while. You don't have to force yourself, you know."

[It's fine, it's something that has to be done.]

Here goes nothing.

[I'm psychic.]

"..."

[...]

"Pfft, hahaha! I didn't take you for one with this kind of sense of humor."

[Hmm?]

"All this elaborate setup, just for a name pun punchline? And I was worried sick the entire week, you got me good!"

I facepalmed.

[It's not a joke, well my name does happen to be a pun but that's beside the point. I actually have psychic powers.]

"Come on now, you're dragging this out too much."

[Yare yare.]

I opened my drawer, took a notebook, ripped a page from it, wrote our math homework, folded it into an airplane and sent it flying right next to her, without lifting a finger.

[Do you get it now?]

Teruhashi's mouth was wide open. Now this is a reaction I'm more familiar with.

"W-w-what the hell was that?"

[A combination of telekinesis and thoughtography, nothing special.]

"Thoughwhat?"

[Thoughtography, the ability to instantly imprint your thoughts on paper.]

"Ahaha what the hell, that's so random. This is some kind of magic trick, right?"

[Sadly, it's all real. They're a pain in the ass. These were some of the decent ones though.]

"Huh? What else can you do?"

[It's annoying to list them all, but some of the more important ones are pyrokinesis, flight, telepathy, teleportation, clairvoyance, superstrength, x-ray vision, psychometry and a few others.]

"Hold on, telepathy? You can read minds?"

[Yes, in a quite wide range and without control. It gets on my nerves at times."

Yeah sure, no way that's true.

[It is.]

I spoke into her mind without giving her the illusion that it's normal.

"Huh? Did I just hear your voice directly in my head?"

[Yes.]

"No way!" No way, this can't be happening, I must be dreaming; this has to be a nightmare!

[This isn't a dream, just like the other one wasn't.]

"The other one? OH! Oh no. Nonono no no... no..."