8

it's a monday, and yeonjun gets ready for a six hour long trip.

a fansign in daegu (yeonjun is convinced that every aspect of his life is connected with choi beomgyu), was what they were preparing for. he could easily spend the car trip from seoul to daegu just sleeping or something, but obviously a particular member was extremely excited for the trip.

the moment the fansign was announced by the company, beomgyu couldn't contain his emotions and enthusiasm. the feeling of being in your own city hits different, so yeonjun would give that to him. he looked so cute, jumping and laughing at the thought of returning to his own hometown.

the entire car ride was spent with beomgyu narrating different stories from his childhood. kai and soobin occasionally interrupted beomgyu to add a story of their own, but that was about it. yeonjun stole glances at beomgyu while he explained some story about himself, putting his hands to complete use. yeonjun doesn't allow himself to do any further than just smiling at his actions.

turns out that beomgyu had begged all the managers to let them spend a night at beomgyu's parent's place. yeonjun blinked. why was he only made aware of this now? beomgyu's mother is so sweet, he didn't even get anything for her...and oh, it's beomgyu's parents he's meeting.

if it weren't for the fact that the rest of the group were present, yeonjun would've had a mental breakdown upon having to spend a night at beomgyu's parent's house. he's not the boyfriend, but yet, yeonjun feels nervous. it's like the whole meeting the parents deal, without actually having any action with beomgyu. it's a little saddening how heeseung will see beomgyu's parents as his boyfriend instead of yeonjun.

but professionally, yeonjun sucks in a breath. you're not the one beomgyu has chosen. he reminds himself. he's happy. and yeonjun isn't going to interfere in beomgyu's happy life just because he's miserable over the fact that beomgyu got a boyfriend. if beomgyu's happy...then well, yeonjun's happy too. that's what it's all about, right?

the fansign is absolutely the best thing yet that's happened to yeonjun in days, fuck, weeks. looking at the fan's smiley faces, eager and excited to see them lifted yeonjun's mood instantly. in times like these, when yeonjun stands in front of fans, he remembers why he chose the particular field of work. and while in the dance practice rooms, well naturally, yeonjun second questions his choices. but now, standing in front of crowds of people who bestow their trust and love to them, he has no regrets absolutely. sometimes yeonjun thinks - here's where he belongs. forever.

soobin is seated right beside him during the fansign, and yeonjun has a good laugh at all the absurd gifts that he's gotten yet. soobin receives gifts mainly for odi, like a rattle ( a hedgehog is not a baby, soobin explains), and some socks (??) that one of the fans sewed by themselves. he also receives this huge rabbit plushie, which hueningkai somehow manages to steal within the next five minutes. it's all fun and games for yeonjun, until he catches a glimpse of beomgyu sitting all the way from him towards the right.

bless the fan who got beomgyu those adorable looking bear ears, because beomgyu really looks so cute in them. exactly like a bear. upon the request of someone in the audience, beomgyu makes a 'grr' sound. as intimidating it might've sounded to the rest of the world, it was absolutely the most cute thing to yeonjun. he's pretty sure he's had to look away at least thrice to take a deep breath.

and then comes in the one fan with the face jewel chains. yeonjun's the first person sitting in the order, and so when yeonjun sees five of those chains in a fan's hand while she gives it to him, all yeonjun can think is how it would look on beomgyu. he bites down all urges to grab the chain and run to beomgyu and and and-

by the time yeonjun finishes actually thinking and imagining beomgyu wearing the chain, the real thing is already in front of him. the moment beomgyu wears it, he steps out and makes soobin fix it for him. in the stall right next to his, beomgyu stands in all his glory, ethereal and beautiful. and the silver sits so prettily against the bridge of his nose. he's pretty sure that beomgyu has caught him staring one too many times, and is just nice enough to not point it out.