Chapter 3 🗡️

This is Percy's suit^ I'm actually really happy with the way that it turned out so yay!

As Percy drove through Gotham she was listening for any signs of distress and obviously looking for it as well. After a while of not noticing anything out of the ordinary Percy decided to park her bike in some random alleyway she came across and scout on the rooftops.

When Percy got up on the roofs during her first patrol she was terrified and expected to be blasted off the roof by her lovely uncle, but she wasn't. So she kept going back to the roofs and eventually began finding them comforting, as they reminded her of when she would sit out on the fire escape with her mother and they would talk for hours. Percy was drawn out of her memories by a sudden scream.

Quickly Percy made her way from roof to roof until she found the source of the scream in the alley below her.

She could clearly make out three forms below but she couldn't tell what was going on until she got closer, so she  sneakily made her way down the fire escape until she could see what she assumed to be a father shielding his child behind him from some random Gotham crook.

So Percy did what every Gotham vigilante would do and chose that time to make her grand entrance.

She dropped down from the fire escape silently and stood up with a look on her face that clearly said "don't mess with me".

The crook seemed to sense something behind him because he turned around and swung a punch at Percy.

Percy being the awesome hero she was blocked the punch and kicked the man in the side. With a grunt he fell to the ground and tried to stand up again but this just made Percy punch him in the face and he was back down again.

Smiling in satisfaction that the man had not attempted to get up again Percy turned to look at the man and child in the alley.

"T...thank you!" the man gasped out. Percy nodded and crouched down to talk to the child.

"Hey, there I'm Riptide. What is your name?" The young girl looked up at Percy with wide eyes.

"umm.... I'm Nicole," she said quietly.

"Well hi, Nicole. Is this your father?" Percy said glancing at the man who was still standing there. Nicole nodded and smiled slightly.

"It was nice to meet you, Nicole," Percy said and stood up. Looking back at the crook who was still unconscious she turned to Nicole's father.

"You and Nicole should probably get out of here and go somewhere safe," Percy said with a nod towards the girl.

The man nodded, "Yes, of course. We were on our way home from dinner when this man grabbed Nicole and pulled her into the alley. Thank you so much," the man replied. With a small nod, Percy made her way back up to the roofs and followed the father and daughter home to make sure they didn't run into any more trouble but not before she tied the crook to a lamppost for the police to find.

Once Percy was sure the man and his daughter were safe she decided to just keep moving from roof to roof until she came upon more trouble.

Surprisingly, after about an hour or so nothing new had popped up so she decided to head back to her previous spot where she had first heard the little girl scream.

On her way back Percy felt something shift behind her and quickly turned around to see an empousa lunge at her.

Barely jumping out of the way, the snake lady's claws barely missed Percy's arm. Percy quickly drew Riptide and attempted to slash at the monster but it clearly had other plans and instead lunged at Percy again.

This time Percy was not lucky enough to get out of the way and she felt a sharp burning pain in her side.

Percy was pissed off and done with the monster whom she had encountered so many times before so she quickly jabbed her blade at it then pulled back and swiped at it again. The empousa quickly exploded into gold dust and Percy dug through her bag for some Nectar or ambrosia. She quickly found her ambrosia but discovered it to be almost empty which meant she would have to make a trip to camp soon. Biting a small chunk, Percy could feel the effects immediately as the cut in her side healed.

Within a few minutes of returning to her original hiding spot on the roofs, she heard a gunshot. With a sigh, Percy stood up again and ran towards the sound of the gunshots.

She didn't have to run far because she quickly found the source of the gunshots in a convenient store. Making her way off of the roof Percy noticed movement along the side of the building and decided she would have to check that out.

Slinking along the front of the store and just about to turn the corner she came face to face with Nightwing. Releasing a small breath in relief, Percy turned her attention back to getting into the store without drawing too much attention to herself. As Percy glanced at Dick he was already moving and she realized that his plan was the opposite of hers. He didn't care if the criminal noticed him he just wanted to get in there and stop it.

Quickly Dick threw a smoke bomb through the open door and made his way into the store with Percy close behind.

"Why did he do that?" Percy thought to herself because she could no longer see anything that was going on inside the building. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw one of the criminals trying to run.

Percy quickly ran after the woman who was trying to run and tackled her. She tied the woman up and went to go try and help Dick again.

Some of the smoke had cleared and she could now see Dick busy with one person while another was trying to help their friend. Percy ran over to the person only to find out they weren't a random civilian and they had a knife.

Jumping back slightly, Percy tried to knock the knife out of the man's hand but was kicked in the side by someone else.

"Great. Two against one. Well at least Dick doesn't need to worry about being stabbed anymore because they are both after me instead." she thought to herself. Quickly regaining her balance Percy lunged at the man with the knife and managed to wrangle it from his grasp then throw it to the side. Percy then elbowed the man in the head and effectively knocked him out.

As she turned around she heard a loud bang and felt a stabbing pain in her shoulder.

"FUCK! That hurts dude!" The demigoddess shouted at the man who had just shot her.

Out of nowhere, the man was on the ground with Dick on top of him. Percy saw the gun go flying and scrambled to retrieve it before anyone else could cause more damage.

Within minutes all the criminals were tied up and police sirens could be heard on their way toward the store. Dick looked at Percy and winced when he saw the shot on her shoulder.

"We should probably head back to the manor. Bruce and Damian should be out soon anyway plus you should probably get that taken care of," he said gesturing to her shoulder.

"Yeah, I was planning on heading back anyway," Percy replied.

"Alright, can you get back okay?" Dick asked in concern.

"Yup I'll just take my bike back," Percy said and Dick just nodded in response.

When Percy got back to the alley where her motorcycle was parked she discover a pleasant surprise! It wasn't there.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!" Percy shouted in annoyance.

In hindsight, it might not have been her best idea to leave it parked in some random alley, especially in Gotham. Quite frankly she was surprised this hadn't happened before.

Sooooo, this was definitely a longer chapter and probably not my best. It dragged on at some points so sorry about that.

Oooh so while I was writing this I listened to the Nirvana Unplugged in New York album and it was actually really good!

Like always please point out any mistakes you might have seen and let me know what you think. Votes, comments, and ideas are always appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!